NYC & Nearby: Useful Barter Site

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2002
      Dear List: Searching the web for something I needed, I found this useful site with a long list of bartering. I burst laughing when someone asked for a dentist's service in exchange for something else... BUT, the next thing I saw fell like a stone on my face! Someone's ad said she needed to move out of the country and will give away: "Sweet Sweet Kitty Available" and worse yet, DECLAWED!!! Of course I answered her with info on declawing, in case she'll get another cat, and hope she'll read it and apply it - or better yet, I hope she'll never ever go near an animal. Then I saw another ad of a person ASKING for a kitty, short hair and calico, so I wrote her also to know if she still was looking for one and hope I'll hear from her. If she still wants it I'll certainly forward her email to all of you. I tell you all of this since, as you can see, this list can be very useful for us. No need to register or anything for reading and answering the msgs, but to place ads I guess one must register. The website address is: http://newyork.craigslist.org/bar/

      Colleen Klaum

      Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today: