Bad News in the Benoit Case

  • gaiusulpius
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      SAD NEWS IN KITTEN GRILLING CASE ... We recently received the sad
      news from one of our members that the kitten grilling case in
      Missouri had been dismissed when a key witness recounted her
      testimony. As reported in the August issue of UAN E-News, Clark
      County resident Charles Benoit was charged with felony animal abuse
      after a neighbor reported witnessing him throw a seven-week-old
      kitten on a barbecue and prod him with a stick while at least 10
      people stood by and did nothing. The neighbor, a woman who lived in
      the same complex, apparently later told investigators she couldn't
      remember what happened that night, and prosecutors were forced to
      drop the case due to lack of evidence. "We have a burned kitten and a
      witness who has received death threats," one cruelty case worker said
      in a news report on the incident.

      "If they can't make a case against whoever did this, the community hs
      a lot to worry about. Statistically, these cowards will eventually
      move on to people." The news report also said that Benoit remains in
      jail due to outstanding warrants from other jurisdictions.