ARA Sentenced to 5 yrs for Arson--Read His Moving Final Courtroom Statement

  • Brennan Browne
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      SupportWalter.org

      Walter Bond received for the most part the minimum sentence allowed
      by the court of 5 years prison and 3 years probation.  Hon.
      Christine Arguello while stern with him noted that she read all 50
      letters to her from supporters and every essay he had on his support
      site.  She commented that she realizes Walter is very intelligent by
      his writing in all of his articles.  She urged him to focus in the
      future towards his writings on Animal Liberation and to move away
      from arson in his life.

      The following is Walter's Final Statement to the Court that he read
      at his Sentencing:

      Final Statement to the Court
      I'm here today because I burnt
      down the Sheepskin Factory in Glendale, CO, a business that sells
      pelts, furs and other dead animal skins. I know many people think
      I should feel remorse for what I've done. I guess this is the
      customary time where I'm suppose to grovel and beg for mercy. I
      assure you if that's how I felt I would. But, I am not sorry for
      anything I have done. Nor am I frightened by this court's
      authority. Because any system of law that values the rights of the
      oppressor over the down trodden is an unjust system. And though
      this court has real and actual power, I question its morality. I
      doubt the court is interested in the precautions that I took to
      not harm any person or by-stander and even less concerned with the
      miserable lives that sheep, cows and mink had to endure, unto
      death, so that a Colorado business could profit from their
      confinement, enslavement, and murder.
      Obviously, the owners and
      employees of the sheepskin factory do not care either or they
      would not be involved in such a sinister and macabre blood trade.
      So I will not waste my breath where it will only fall on deaf
      ears. That's why I turned to illegal direct action to begin with,
      because you do not care. No matter how much we animal rights
      activists talk or reason with you, you do not care. Well, Mr.
      Livaditis (owner of the Sheepskin Factory), I don't care about
      you. There is no common ground between people like you and me. I
      want you to know that no matter what this court sentences me to
      today, you have won nothing! Prison is no great hardship to me. In
      a society that values money over life, I consider it an honor to
      be a prisoner of war, the war against inter-species slavery and
      objectification! I also want you to know that I will never
      willingly pay you one dollar, not one! I hope your business fails
      and you choke to death on every penny you profit from animal
      murder! I hope you choke on it and burn in hell!
      To my supporters, I wish to say
      thank you for standing behind me and showing this court and these
      animal exploiters that we support our own and that we as a
      movement are not going to apologize for having a sense of urgency.
      We are not going to put the interests of commerce over sentience!
      And we will never stop educating, agitating and confronting those
      responsible for the death of our Mother Earth and her Animal
      Nations. My vegan sisters and brothers our lives are not our own.
      Selfishness is the way of gluttons, perverts and purveyors of
      injustice. It has been said all it takes for evil to conquer is
      for good people to do nothing. Conversely, all it takes to stop
      the enslavement, use, abuse and murder of other than human animals
      is the resolve to fight on their behalf!
      Do what you can, do what you
      must, be vegan warriors and true animal defenders and never
      compromise with their murderers and profiteers. The Animal
      Liberation Front is the answer. Seldom has there been such a
      personally powerful and internationally effective movement in
      human history. You cannot join the A.L.F. but you can become the
      A.L.F. And it was the proudest and most powerful thing I have ever
      done. When you leave this courtroom today don't be dismayed by my
      incarceration. All the ferocity and love in my heart still lives
      on. Every time someone liberates an animal and smashes their cage,
      it lives on! Every time an activist refuses to bow down to laws
      that protect murder, it lives on! And it lives on every time the
      night sky lights up ablaze with the ruins of another animal
      exploiters' business!
      That's all Your Honor,
      I am ready to go to prison.

      ###

      (Click

      Here to Donate)

      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JE5YYTTTCQQQN

      Write Bond letters of prisoner support at:

      Walter Bond # P01051760

      PO Box 16700

      Golden, CO 80402-6700

      The concept of 'animal rights' values the simple premise that ALL living
      creatures have a "right" to be allowed to live their lives without
      victimization--free from brutality. It is a right that EVERY being
      strives for.

      ~Brennan Browne~