Re: Ingrid Newkirk on hunting...

  • bwinspirit
    Message 1 of 417 , Aug 25, 2001
      Some other facts about hunting:<br><br>When all
      costs are considered deer-hunting costs about $25 per
      pound of meat. <br><br>Hunters kill 100 million animals
      in the U.S. each year. These include: <br>25 million
      mourning doves <br>16 million squirrels <br>13 million
      million woodchucks <br><br>In a 1995 Associated Press
      survey, 51% agreed that it is always wrong to hunt an
      animal for sport. <br><br>While only 6% of Americans
      hunt, 31% participate in some type of non-consumptive
      wild-life-related recreation. Non-consumptive participants spend
      about $38 billion each year. <br><br>Up to 50% of deer
      struck with arrows by archery hunters are not recovered
      but left to die in the woods. <br><br>Recreational
      hunting is allowed on 76 of the 550 units -about 14% - of
      the National Wildlife Refuge System.
      Message 417 of 417 , Mar 5, 2002