what should focus be

  • ahimsanet
    Message 1 of 417 , Feb 4 1:06 PM
      what should focus be <br><br> PETA has initiated
      a boycott of Burger King.<br> Our coalition
      boycotted Burger King from 1980 to 1983<br> when the
      corporation pulled veal back from all<br> its
      since 1983. Three of our several objectives<br> have
      been a system wide vegan burger option,<br> vegan
      fries (not processed in beef lard as is<br> currently
      done), and an end to advertising of animal<br> flesh.
      Our coalition has two branches. One branch<br>
      supports a permanent boycott of McDonald's because<br> it
      butchers more animals than any other corporation.<br> The
      second branch will stop boycotting McDonald's<br> when
      those 3 objectives are met.<br><br> While McD has
      responded to PETA's request<br> and made minor changes in
      its slaughterhouses,<br> our objectives have not been
      met. Those who have<br> endorsed our coalition include
      Martin Sheen,<br> Ralph Nader, Jane Goodall, Rabbi David
      Rosen of the ADL in Jerusalem, Rep<br> Walter Fauntroy,
      Rep. Ron Dellums. At the Mitch<br> Snyder Benefit in
      Washington, several personalities<br> joined.<br> Mitch
      Snyder, homeless<br> activist, Cesar Chavez, Sun Bear,
      Maggie Kuhn<br> of the Gray Panthers, Dr Ann Wigmore,
      Henry<br> Spira, and others were members of our
      boycott of all fast food chains<br> which advertise and
      serve animal flesh, so<br> we will support PETA's
      boycott of Burger King.<br><br> At the same time, we will
      not end our boycott<br> of McDonald's at a time when
      the boycott<br> is developing critical mass,
      through<br> Mad Cows' Disease opposition to McD in
      Europe,<br> through labor problems in Brazil and
      Argentina,<br> through more and more switching to vegetarian<br>
      4 year trial with Mcdonald's..<br> began
      synchronous to but separate from<br> this coalition)
      Message 417 of 417 , Mar 5, 2002