Mexican Fiesta - Please protest

  • Franck Michel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:52:10 -0000
      From: "Mench" <mench@...>
      Subject: Mexican Fiesta - Please protest

      This is about a fiesta that takes place every year in the Mexican state of
      Veracruz. According to accounts from Mexico during the "Fiesta de la Virgen
      de la Candelaria" in Tlacotalpan six cebu bulls are made to cross a river
      and afterwards are submitted to extreme torture and eventuel killing by
      drunken participants. The event with the bulls is called "embalse de toros"
      and will place on the February 1, 2006.

      Please protest repeatedly with the president and the local authorities
      mentioning the "embalse de toros".

      webmaster@... , veracruzenred@... ,
      webmaster@... , webmaster@... ,

      A possible sample letter:

      Estimado Señor Presidente,

      me refiero a la tortura y la matanza de seis toros en el "embalse de toros"
      en el marco de la "Fiesta de la Candelaria", que se llevará a cabo el
      próximo 1 de febrero en Tlacotalpan, estado Veracruz.

      Le ruego que prohiba el uso de los animales en la fiesta.

      Por favor intervenga con las autoridades locales para que se acabe con esta
      horrible tradición para siempre y para que se siga adelante con la fiesta
      sin animales.

      Mr. President,

      I refer to the torture and killing of six bulls during the "embalse de
      toros" included in the "Fiesta de la Candelaria" which will take place on
      February 1, in Tlacotalpan, in the state of Veracruz. I am asking you to ban
      the use of animals in the fiesta. Please intervene with the local
      authorities so that this horrible tradition will end for good and that the
      fiesta goes ahead without animals.

      Thanks, Mechthild Mench