Dogs and Cats being used as shark bait!

  • Alexandra Yurkiw
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2005
      Subject: Dogs being used as shark bait!

      PLEASE SIGN! DOGS BEING USED AS SHARK BAIT!!!
      Dogs are being used as live bait on the French island and holiday
      destination La RĂ©union! This is absolutely horrifying and not worthy of
      anyone calling themselves human beings... Please sign this French
      petition (click "sign petition" to get details in English). I don't know
      if any international animal rights groups are aware of this and working
      on the case, but please spread the word! Thanks!

      http://www.30millionsdamis.fr/FR/Dossiers/NosPetitions/Contrelutilisatio
      ndechiensvivantscommeappatspourlapecheauxrequins/Contrelutilisationdechi
      enserrantscommeappatspourlapecheauxrequins.asp
      <http://www.la-reunion-tourisme.com/default1.htm>
      http://www.la-reunion-tourisme.com/default1.htm

      After reading the message about the use of dogs as shark bait by
      fisherman of Reunion Island - I have been doing some digging to see
      what I could find out - and, to my horror, it is really happening.

      Above, you will find the link to the island's tourism website.

      I plan to encourage a letter writing campaign, and would like to
      know if there is something more that can be done?

      Seeing that photo of the dog with the HOOK through its nose at la
      Fondation 30 Millions d`Amis website was repulsive!

      Can anyone tell me what, if any, animal rights/welfare groups are
      actively campaigning against this, other than the la Fondation 30
      Millions d`Amis?

      ~ Kim Petersen
      voices4animals.com <http://voices4animals.com/> - okinawa
      PLEASE WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THE PAGE TO FIND THE PETITION

      http://www.30millionsdamis.fr/fr/index.asp

      - go to the middle of the page, there is a dog with a hook in his nose,
      click on that, it will give you a petition in english

      <http://www.la-reunion-tourisme.com/gb_entree.htm>
      http://www.la-reunion-tourisme.com/gb_entree.htm