OT: {ACT by 9-12-04/RESENDING} Renew the Assault Weapons Ban

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      From: Judy.Reed
      Subject: {ACT by 9-12-04/RESENDING} Renew the Assault Weapons Ban

      Hi all,

      I am re-sending this alert I sent in June in case you have not responded. This is critical. We must keep assault weapons (AK-47s and Uzis -- used only to kill as many humans at one time as possible) off the streets and out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. The NRA has good buddies in the White House. Bush said he'd sign any legislation to extend this ban, although he has done nothing to support or encourage it. Please put pressure on your Senators and Representatives with copies (see below letter).

      The Assault Weapons Ban expires Sept. 13, 2004.

      Judy.

      PLEASE CROSS POST!!!

      on 6/9/04 6:51 PM, AnimalVoicesNews at AnimalVoicesNews@... (earthlink.net) wrote:

      AnimalVoicesNews/PETITION
      LETTER alert to follow.

      PETITION to Renew the Assault Weapons Ban

      The key to success is very simple. We need to collect names of supporters over the Internet to sign our petition and contribute to our campaign. So if you can do one thing to keep illegal AK-47s and Uzis off our streets and only one thing, send this e-mail to as many people as you can and ask them to help out and join the petition.

      http://www2.stopthenra.com/petition.html

      See the weapons: http://www2.stopthenra.com/
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      on 6/9/04 6:52 PM, AnimalVoicesNews at AnimalVoicesNews@... (earthlink.net) wrote:

      AnimalVoicesAlert
      LETTER TO RENEW 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Act
      Copies to your 2 U.S. Senators and 1 Representative

      Take action before 9-12-04

      Permission granted to cross-post this message, as is

      Info/Sources:
      Live C-Span programming of Million Mom March on Mother's Day 2004
      CNS News.com via http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=3693

      Contacts:

      Million Mom March : info@... (mmm2004.com)
      NRA: membership@... (nrahq.org)

      ~~~~~~Please Personalize Judy's Sample Letter~~~>/judy.

      President George W. Bush
      The White House
      1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
      Washington, D.C. 20500
      president@... (whitehouse.gov)

      Re: Renew & Make Permanent the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Act

      (Expires Sept. 13-04)
      Ban 50-Caliber Sniper Rifle

      Close Gun-Show Loophole
      Demand Child-Proof Locks on all Guns

      Dear President Bush:

      I respectfully remind you that this country is in the process, at this very moment, of trying to remove all of the assault weapons in Iraq. Americans deserve as much.

      You claim you care about children and public safety. In order for me to believe these claims, you must renew and make permanent the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Act.

      As you know full well, assault weapons are not used for hunting. They are weapons of mass destruction. You can't honestly tell me hunters need assault rifles to mow down dozens of deer at a time. These deadly weapons are used to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. That's their purpose. The only purpose. Only the military needs these weapons.

      Please stop flip-flopping on this issue and keep your campaign promise to support the assault weapons ban. Call Tom Delay to tell him you will honor your pledge. Tell him that weapons of war have no place in a civilized society.

      In addition to the Federal Assault Weapons Act, public safety cannot be advanced without a permanent ban on the 50-caliber Sniper Rifle, a tight closure of all gun-show loopholes, and a law that requires child-proof locks on all guns.

      Stop trading our lives and the lives of our children for money from the National Rifle Association -- which has turned our country into the armed camp and slaughterhouse of the civilized world.

      Keep your promise. Get these laws to protect public safety passed.

      Sincerely,

      Copies:

      Senator _______
      U.S. Senate