DRUNK AUSSIES EAT MICE

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2004
      Honestly, I am completely speechless!

      One mouse was chewed up
      DRUNK AUSSIES EAT MICETwo drunken Australians ate mice to win a holiday in a competition described as outrageous by animal welfare campaigners.
      One man bit the tail off one of the animals while the other chewed a mouse then spat it out in a bid to win the �200 holiday.

      The RSPCA said it was appalled by the stunt and would demand fines of �30,000 for the men.
      The incident happened at a Brisbane pub which was staging a 'Jackass' competition.
      Jackass is a cult American TV show in which the hosts pull off outrageous - and often pointless - stunts.
      RSPCA chief inspector Byron Hall said the Exchange Hotel invited boozers to put a mouse in their mouths and bite off its tail to win the holiday
      He said two men took up the dare and after they bit off the mice tails the compere egged them on by allegedly saying "the first one to eat it wins".
      Mr Hall said one of the men then chewed up his mouse and spat it out onto the hotel floor.
      "Not only is it premeditated but it is downright cruel and absolutely stupid for starters," Mr Hall said.
      A hotel spokesman said: "We are embarrassed this incident occurred at our hotel."
      The RSPCA said it was trying to track down the man who chewed the mouse and had interviewed the contestant who bit off a tail.