Monday Quote

  • CH51972@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hi all I know I sent this late last night but I think Onelist is having
      trouble so If you did not get this then hope you do now. Here is your quote
      for Monday:
      Monday - Connie
      How shall we tell an angel
      From another guest?
      How, from the common
      Worldly herd,

      One of the blest?
      Hint of suppressed halo,
      Rustle of hidden wings,
      Wafture of heavenly frankincense,-

      Which is these things?
      The old Sphinx smile so subtly:
      "I give no golden rule,-
      Yet I would warn thee, World:
      Treat well
      Whom thou call'st fool."
      -Gertrude Hall

      Here is a funny for you:

      There was once an aspiring veterinarian who put himself through veterinary
      school working nights as a taxidermist.

      Upon graduation, he decided he could combine his two vocations to better
      serve the needs of his patients and their owners, while doubling his
      practice and, therefore, his income.

      He opened his own offices with a shingle on the door saying,

      "Dr. Jones, Veterinary Medicine and Taxidermy -- Either way, you get your
      dog back!"

      See ya later!
      Connie
    • CH51972@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2000
        Hey all so sorry this is a little late but here is your Quote for Monday:
        "[Mary] was so full of grace, so pure, so full of God. She looked at the
        angel--she must have been surprised for she had never seen an angel--and
        asked, how? What are you saying? I don't understand what you are saying; it
        makes no sense to me. And the angel said simply that by the power of the
        Holy Spiriit, Christ would be formed within her. And Mary answered simply,
        'Behold the handmaid of the Lord'."
        Mother Teresa, Total Surrender

        I have nothing to add at this time. I have worked some really long hours this
        week and just got in tonight. I will bew back to my usual self next monday.
        Have a good week all.
        Hugs

        Connie
      • ch51972@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2000
          Hey all I have something to say. I lost my quote for tonight and I have no
          iea where it is. i will send it tomorrow when i can get it from Krissy again.
          In the mean time I hope you enjoy this.

          If I knew it would be the last time
          That I'd see you fall asleep,
          I would tuck you in more tightly
          and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

          If I knew it would be the last time
          that I see you walk out the door,
          I would give you a hug and kiss
          and call you back for one more.

          If I knew it would be the last time
          I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
          I would video tape each action and word,
          so I could play them back day after day.

          If I knew it would be the last time,
          I could spare an extra minute or two
          to stop and say "I love you,"
          instead of assuming you would KNOW I do

          If I knew it would be the last time
          I would be there to share your day,
          well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
          so I can let just this one slip away.

          For surely there's always tomorrow
          to make up for an oversight,
          and we always get a second chance
          to make everything right.

          There will always be another day
          to say our "I love you's,"
          And certainly there's another chance
          to say our "Anything I can do's?"

          But just in case I might be wrong,
          and today is all I get,
          I'd like to say how much I love you
          and I hope we never forget.

          Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
          young or old alike,
          And today may be the last chance
          you get to hold your loved one tight

          So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
          why not do it today?
          For if tomorrow never comes,
          you'll surely regret the day,
          That you didn't take that extra time
          for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
          and you were too busy to grant someone,
          what turned out to be their one last wish.

          So hold your loved ones close today,
          and whisper in their ear,
          Tell them how much you love them
          and that you'll always hold them dear

          Take time to say "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me,"
          "Thank you," or "It's okay."
          And if tomorrow never comes,
          you'll have no regrets about today.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Have a good night
          Hugs
          Connie
        • ghbabe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 18, 2000
            Hey guys I thought this went out but well it was still here today. so sorry
            it is late.

            "Angels lighten the load of the world's cares."

            The Six Friends Part II (Tibet)
            The ring was carried away for a long distance and finally washed ashore near
            the gardens of the Khan, the great ruler of the land. There some one found
            it. Seeing that it was a strange ring, perhaps from another land, he took it
            at once to the Khan himself. The monarch gazed long upon it. Then, calling
            his ministers about him, he said, "This trinket has magic power about it, of
            that I am sure. I believe that it belongs to a very beautiful woman, perhaps
            the daughter of a king. Take it, therefore, and wherever the ring leads you,
            follow. If its owner indeed proves to be a lovely damsel, as believe it
            does, take her prisoner and bring her at once to me, that she may be head
            over my household."
            As soon as the Khan's advisor held the magic ring in his hand, he felt a
            strange power tugging at him. The ring seemed to draw him out of the palace
            gardens toward the bank of a stream, and then along the stream to the log
            hut in the woods. And so, in a very short time, the Khan's advisor and all
            his soldiers and servants were standing before the door of the little house
            where the prince's son and his new wife had been living so happily together,
            and were shouting at them to come out at once. The two dared not disobey,
            and so the damsel was quickly seized and taken away to the Khan's palace.
            The Khan was delighted with the young woman's beauty and charm and paid not
            the slightest heed to her tears or pleadings to be allowed to return to her
            husband. She was made head of the royal servants, and was set up to live in
            the palace within constant call of the Khan.
            There seemed to be no possible hope of escape. Days passed by. Her sorrow
            and longing for her husband became ever greater instead of less, until she
            began to grow pale and thin, and those about her feared she would soon
            sicken and die. The Khan, too, noticed the change in her. He tried every
            means in his power to cheer her, but all in vain. At last he grew angry.

            "It's all the fault of that husband of hers!" he cried. "He's the one who is
            making my most beautiful servant look so sickly and plain. Well! I know how
            to take care of that!
            Calling the court executioner, he whispered a few words in his ear.
            "There now!", he said later to the damsel after the executioner had left,
            "when you know that your husband is dead and there is no use in wishing for
            him any longer, then perhaps you will forget him and learn to smile again."
            In vain did the poor girl plead with the monarch for her husband's life! But
            the more she wept and begged, the angrier and more determined he became.

            So the executioner set out with a number of soldiers. Finding the log hut in
            the woods, he dragged the prince's son away and took him to a meadow where
            there was a dry, deserted well. Down into the well the poor lad was thrown,
            and a great rock was rolled over the opening. There in the darkness he laid
            down to die, with no hope of rescue and no desire for life, anyway, if he
            could not live it with his dear and beautiful wife.
            Now it happened that the very next day was the year-and-a-day on which the
            six friends had agreed to meet by the little round pond with the six streams
            running into it. True to their promise, the other five gathered together and
            awaited the arrival of the prince's son. While they waited, they eagerly
            told one another all about the adventures they had. In this way, most of the
            day passed. When the prince's son still did not appear, the friends noticed
            that the tree which he had planted was drooping and withering.
            "Our friend must be in danger or trouble," said the doctor's son. "Let's
            lose no time in searching for him. Even now we may be too late to save him."
            The others were alarmed and eager to start at once, but the magician's son
            held up his hand.
            "One moment!" he said. "By my magic art I can learn exactly where our friend
            is. Then we can go straight to him without any further loss of time."
            Bidding the others to sit down and wait, he drew a circle on the ground.
            Placing himself in the center of the circle, he began to recite all sorts of
            strange words and to draw figures and signs in the air. After awhile he
            erased the circle and announced to his friends that he knew the exact
            whereabouts of the prince's son at that moment.
            "But we must hurry," he said, "for he is in great danger and will surely die
            unless we rescue him right away!"
            So the five set out at a quick pace and traveled all night without rest. By
            early morning they had reached the well where the prince's son was
            imprisoned.
            "But how shall we move away the rock?" they all cried in despair, seeing the
            huge boulder completely covering the mouth of the well.
            "I know how to move it!" said the blacksmith's son. Taking the heavy iron
            hammer which he always carried in his belt, he fell to work upon the rock,
            knocking great chunks out of it until it was all broken to pieces.
            When the mouth of the well was opened, they hastily lowered the doctor's
            son, who found the son of the prince lying there quite white and still and
            close to death.
            "It is well they chose me to fetch him!" he muttered as he drew forth his
            bag of medicines. He poured some red liquid down the throat of his
            unconscious friend, who soon began to stir and then to sit up.
            With great difficulty the two young men were hauled up to the mouth of the
            well. Once they were once safely out of it, the friends all embraced with
            heartfelt joy and affection. Then the prince's son told the tale of his
            adventure and its sorry ending, and the other five were full of compassion
            for him and anger toward the wicked Khan.
            Suddenly, the wood-carver's son spoke up. "I have an idea!" he said. "I can
            fashion a great wooden bird, large enough to carry a man, and I will fit it
            with wings, hinges and springs so that it can fly through the air."
            "And I," cried the painter's son, catching the idea at once, "will paint and
            decorate it with marvelously beautiful colors, so that it will look like a
            magnificent, magical bird."
            They were all much excited by this time and begged the wood-carver's son to
            tell them more.
            "Why," said he, "the prince's son shall fly in my wonder bird to the palace
            of the Khan-"
            "And," interrupted the painter's son, "when that wicked ruler sees the
            beauty and the color of it, he will believe it is a magical bird, and he
            will go up to the roof to receive it, with all of his royal household, and
            then - and then -"
            "You can snatch up your wife and carry her away!" they all shouted at once
            to the prince's son, who was trembling with joy and hope.
            The wood-carver's son fell to work at once, and in no time at all had built
            a marvelous wooden bird, big and strong and powerful, with great broad wings
            that would carry it through the air at the touch of a spring. Then the
            painter's son got out his paints and decorated it with colors so rich and
            fair that is shone with beauty. The prince's son got into it as soon as it
            was ready. Amid the shouts of his friends, he pressed a button and flew high
            up into the air. Then off he steered, straight for the Khan's royal
            dwelling.
            Great was the excitement at the palace when the big colored bird was seen
            flying overhead. Everybody rushed about, asking what it might mean. The Khan
            was the most excited one of them all.
            "It must be a magical being!" he cried, "for don't you see the gold on its
            wings? It must be delivering a special message for me! In truth, we must
            meet this noble bird in the proper way!" So he called together all his royal
            servants. Choosing the wife of the prince's son because she was the fairest
            of all, he bade her go quickly to the roof and welcome the magical messenger
            as the bird landed.
            The damsel hastened to obey and stood waiting and marveling as the great
            wooden monster drew near. Imagine her surprise when it came whirring to a
            standstill, revealing her own dear husband seated within it! In a flash he
            caught her up by the waist. Before the astonished Khan and his court could
            realize what was happening, the magical bird had soared into the air and was
            only a vanishing speck in the sky.
            The prince's son and his lovely wife, whose ring, much to her delight, was
            magically restored to her finger, returned along with the five faithful
            companions to see her old foster-father and foster-mother from the hut in
            the woods. Then all of them together returned to the land where the six
            friends had been born. They visited each of their families, told one and all
            of their marvelous adventures, and there they settled and were happy and
            prosperous to the end of their days.

            Hugs to all
            Connie
          • ghbabe@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
              Hi Angels, hope your week is starting off well. Here is today's Quote.

              "Angels turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones."

              And a poem that I really love.

              A Dream Within A Dream
              By: Edgar Allen Poe

              Take this kiss upon the brow!
              And, parting from you now,
              Thus much let me avow-
              You are not wrong, who deem
              That my days have been a dream;
              Yet if hope has flown away
              In a night, or in a day,
              In a vision, or in none,
              Is it therefore the less gone?
              Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream.

              I stand amid the roar
              Of a surf-tormented shore,
              And I hold within my hand
              Grains of golden sand-
              How few! yet how they creep
              Through my fingers to the deep,
              While I weep-while I weep!
              O God! can I not grasp
              Them with a tighter clasp?
              O God! can I not save
              One from the pitiless wave?
              Is all that we see or seem
              But a dream within a dream?

              And here is something I found kinda funny.
              Pearls of Wisdom

              1. I'm not aging, I just need repotting.
              2. I don't repeat gossip, so listen carefully.
              3. Lord, if I can't be skinny, let all my friends be fat.
              4. My idea of cleaning the house is sweeping the floor with a glance.
              5. I cleaned my house yesterday, sure wish you could have seen it.
              6. This isn't clutter, these are my antiques!
              7. If it's true we are what we eat, I am either fast, cheap, or easy.
              8. Discover Wildlife! Have Kids!
              9. Genuine Antique Person. Been there, done that, can't remember.
              10. Our policy is to always blame the computer.
              11. Your secrets are safe with me and all my friends.
              12. Take my advice, I'm not using it!
              13. Okay! I love you! Now can we eat?
              14. You know you're getting old when you stop to think and forget to
              start again.
              15. Mom, I'll always love you, but I'll never forgive you for cleaning
              my face with spit on a hanky.
              16. I love to give homemade gifts . . . ummm, which one of the kids
              would you like?
              17. I have a million dollar figure, but it's all loose change!
              18. By the time you find greener pastures, you can't climb the fence!
              19. This house is protected by killer dust bunnies.
              20. I quit jogging for health reasons. My thighs rubbed together so
              much they caught my underwear on fire!

              Hugs to all
              Connie