Why does anton levey use the enochian keys in the satanic bible?

  • Illuminist156
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2008
      Anton levey has adopted the enochian keys to the satanic bible, dee was
      not satanic as far as I know.
    • Keith Boyle
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2008
        On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Illuminist156 <illuminist156@...> wrote:
        > Anton levey has adopted the enochian keys to the satanic bible, dee was
        > not satanic as far as I know.<

        Because he was a huckster and knew that Enochian = mystikal power that
        sells books. The rest of the text shows other instances of his
        appropriation and recontextualization (aka plagiarism), most notably
        the "tooth & claw" section...

        It *is* interesting to see what parts of the "standard"
        translation/meaning of the calls were "offending." But that's about as
        much as it's been good for IME.
      • jen
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
          Enochian has a reputation for being very powerful and I think LeVey
          want to to try to tap the demonic side of the system by using these
          calls since people generally report great success with them. He
          altered them to suit his philosophy and put them into his bible.

          What I have heard is that the altered versions don't seem to work as
          well if at all. Possibly the way Enochian is structure it doesn't lend
          itself well to translation in the customary way but I'll see what
          Aaron comes up with when he gets the book done and keep my little
          theory under my hat for the moment. :-)

          When Crowley was doing work with Demons he used the calls as written
          by Dee and Kelly the Goetia is an example of this; he used them as the
          conjuration. He called up most every type of spirit that way.

          I don't have any practical experience working with LeVay's system and
          probably won't in the near future but there are plenty of groups out
          there and more details might be available through them.
        • darkdakini
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
            Perhaps the Enochian language was used to bypass the conscious
            mind.When Lavey was introducing Satanism during the 1960's, there may
            have been a heavy dose of Christian guilt lurking in the minds of people
            who attempted to call upon demons.If the language was
            unknown/unfamiliar,one could activate the rituals without the mind
            bringing up barriers.True,there were English translations of the
            Keys,provided,but the language itself,was new to most people.Less
            resistance,more ability to access change of consciousness.
            Just my opinion.

            --- In angelical_linguistics@yahoogroups.com, "jen" <jennyksargent@...>
            wrote:

            > Enochian has a reputation for being very powerful and I think LeVey
            > want to to try to tap the demonic side of the system by using these
            > calls since people generally report great success with them. He
            > altered them to suit his philosophy and put them into his bible.
            >
            > What I have heard is that the altered versions don't seem to work as
            > well if at all. Possibly the way Enochian is structure it doesn't lend
            > itself well to translation in the customary way but I'll see what
            > Aaron comes up with when he gets the book done and keep my little
            > theory under my hat for the moment. :-)
            >
            > When Crowley was doing work with Demons he used the calls as written
            > by Dee and Kelly the Goetia is an example of this; he used them as the
            > conjuration. He called up most every type of spirit that way.
            >
            > I don't have any practical experience working with LeVay's system and
            > probably won't in the near future but there are plenty of groups out
            > there and more details might be available through them.

          • Leo Rivers
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
              Just some fun I had - I wrote this to celebrate getting the Picatrix
              Vol. II in the mail.

              Leo Rivers (aka HS)

              +The Aires Within which Imagination�s Clouds -
              High Winds Write the Invisibles of our Spirit+

              between the storm churned oceans of our World
              and the airless deserts of the stone cold beauty
              called the Moon

              lay 30 aires or shells of ever-more rare atmosphere
              in which each lay landscapes of spirits peculiar to that
              exalted elevation.

              each aire lay outspread about its horizon
              with continent dense with all manifestation of habitation flora and fauna
              and keeps maps of its own treasures within its special grasp of magnetism.

              all such as said to inhabit the lay-lines and hidden lands of Earth in
              really truth
              lay at some secret location
              here-in and up there or what have you except by some door of connection
              a weld

              between �here and now� and �that place� by
              amulet, witch-birth, sigil and/or invocation of the daemon whose haunt
              doth help
              their high-roads inward evocation.

              set these few rules as kisses in thine bosom:

              the inward circle is nailed as per Topical 12 and 7
              the outward wards as lamps and signatures are set
              by the place of their guests each in their actual Heaven.

              the table as a double cube has true East as Vernal
              below the lamp whose burning marks the centre
              for all devotions.

              and the triangle is as a gunsight place in a smoked glass
              on the wall
              in which the magician

              will don the mask of the invited guest as he or she will
              voice both test and answer
              to the scribe�s Witness True.

              For all Gods and ghosts are heard by eye and seen by ear
              within the breast of witch or seer.

              ? ben JKwY�nSj

              See my Enoch Web Site at www.madimi.com .... it may be rekindling soon.

            • Athena
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
                --- In angelical_linguistics@yahoogroups.com, "Illuminist156" <illuminist156@...> wrote:

                > Anton levey has adopted the enochian keys to the satanic bible, dee was
                > not satanic as far as I know.

                I know this thread it old, but had to reply :>.
                LaVey used anything and everything he could... Deities from many different pantheons, Enochian calls with a few words changed around, and many concepts from Ayne Rand.

                Here is the amusing bit... I had been working with Enochian magic for about 10 years or so when I started doing the odd ritual with a friend of mine who is a Satanist. He would always ask me to read the Enochian calls part of the ritual. So we experimented with the slightly modified LaVey versions vs the original calls. We found both to work quite well, and the spells come to be. I'm sure it was more then a bit blasphemous, but I'm always up for an experiment. One thing I have to give LaVey credit for is coming up with a use for the Enochian calls. The GD did as well of course. I have since experimented with using different Enochian calls for different types of magic, but in this case within the context of the Enochian system and in their original form. They definitely do work well :).

                I still wonder what the calls were originally meant for. They did come before the great table, quite a bit before it in fact. Perhaps to be used with the 49x49 tables, or for something else entirely. I have my own theories, but much more experimentation is needed before I know for sure.

                Btw, Aaron, fall of this year is so long to wait!! Hopefully the EEs can help me out with patience lol.

                Athena
                --
                www.enochian.org