Angelical Pronunciation

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      --- In enochian@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <kheph777@...> wrote:

      --- In enochian@yahoogroups.com, "brillaentidiamanteloco"
      <brillaentidiamanteloco@> wrote:

      > I was wondering wich could be the precise
      > sound of the enochian, because the phonetics
      > are maybe more related to dead-languages than
      > to the english words,

      Not exactly. Dee's notes show early-Modern English rules for
      pronouncing the words. Including the way consonants sound when
      combined, the way surrounding consonants affect vowel sounds, the
      silent "E", etc. This makes sense: that is what Dee spoke, so that is
      what he used when recording the words phonetically (or adding
      pronunciation notes to them).

      There are also some elements of Middle English - especially in the way
      some vowels are used (often spoken as syllables unto themselves,
      taking the long sound).

      In your studies, look for "early-Modern English" and the "Great Vowel
      Shift" that took place from Middle English to early-Modern Enlgish -
      which had JUST happened in Dee's lifetime.

      Also keep an eye on:

      http://kheph777.tripod.com/indexaol.html

      where you'll find an essay on "Pronouncing Dee's Angelical" marked
      "Coming Soon." I've just heard from the Big LL that my Angelical
      Lexicon is being reviewed, so I hope it won't be much longer before I
      release this and other related essays.

      > i've seen many pronunciation scratches but
      > i have not seen any serious aproach to the
      > real phonetics involved in enochian speaking.

      It's coming- all outlined in "Pronouncing Dee's Angelical." Along
      with the essays, I'll be offering a recording of the first two Keys
      spoken aloud according to the rules I discovered. You'll be
      pleasantly surprised!

      LVX
      Aaron

      --- End forwarded message ---