The Divine Language and the Book of Life

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      Sorry for the cross-post guys, but I thought it would be godd to
      archive this post here as well:

      --- In enochian@yahoogroups.com, "fraterredactumopus"
      <frredactumopus@...> wrote:

      > How many "Angelic Language" systems are there? I thought Dee's
      > Enochian was the only one, but it seems that there are more?

      I do believe that Dee was operating from already-established
      traditions in regard to the Angelical tongue and (its source and
      vehicle) the "Book of Loagaeth."

      First of all, there was an established tradition concerning the
      Divine
      Language, which you can read somewhat about here:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_language

      So Dee was certainly interested in finding out about that Language.

      Then, there is a tradition concerning the "Book of Life"- which also
      appears in Revelation as the "Book of the Lamb" (not so named),
      sealed with Seven Seals; and in other legends as the "Tablets of
      Heaven." (ref: "1Enoch") You can read a fair essay about it here-
      though it needs to be expanded in scope:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_life_%28Judaism%29

      Dee's system combines these two concepts with established occult
      traditions surrounding such things as "the Book of Thoth", "Sepher
      Raziel", the "Akashic Records" and other examples of celestial Books
      of All Knowledge. The legends of Enoch- also an interest of Dee's-
      suggested that Enoch had seen and recorded the contents of the
      Tablets of Heaven - and this is what Ave related to Dee and Kelley
      (ref: "TFR").

      Thus, in the Book of Loagaeth (Speech From God), Dee recieved the
      contents of the Tablets of Heaven- containing a record of the entire
      universe from creation to destruction. It is composed of the words
      God used to create the universe, and is the source from which the
      Angels draw their words to maintain the universe. (Notice that the 19
      Keys largely focus on God setting Angels in places of governance over
      the world.)

      So Dee's Loagaeth system incorporates the Divine Language, the Book
      of Life and the Book of All Knowledge into one. None of these were
      new concepts - but I think Dee and Kelley may be the first to claim
      they had achieved access to all three! :)

      LVX
      Aaron