The Angelical Language Wiki

  • AaronL
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2012
      I recently stumbled upon this gem, and thought I would share it with you folks.

      http://angelical.wikia.com/wiki/The_Angelical_Language_Wiki

      It is a Wiki dedicated to Dee's Angelical Language, and it uses my own work among its primary source material. (Including my Angelical Language books, my onli...ne Angelical pronunciation guide, and more..) :) It also includes Donald Laycock's work, material directly from Dee's journals, the Book of Loagaeth, etc, etc, etc. It appears to be a massively ambitious project!

      This is exactly the kind of thing I hoped my work would inspire, and I can't wait to see how the wiki grows over time.

      Zorge
      Aaron
    • threekate
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 7:29 PM
        Hi,

        I'm glad to hear you like the site! I'm actually the primary contributor; after taking a break for about a year or so I've started adding content again (between me and one other contributor the content has more than doubled in the last few weeks, its now about 1300 pages). There is still a massive amount to do even just collecting all the different translations and transcriptions of the calls. The the last few weeks I've spent a lot of the time focused on Loagaeth translations. I've added part of a translation of Table 1A from the AOM as well as my own translations of the first couple lines of tables 1A, 1B, and 2A. Who knows if any of these translations are 'correct' but my philosophy is to try collect them together with the info about how the translations were arrived at and let the reader decide which, if any, translations are correct.

        Kate
      • kheph777
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10 10:32 PM

          hi Kate!

          Sorry it took so long to approve this message.  The New More-Terrible Yahoo still likes to conceal messages from me...  :(

          Anyway, yes I love the site and I'm glad to see you're a member here, too.  This is a VERY low noise group.  We hashed out a lot of issues with Loagaeth (see the archives if that's still possible) and it's been quiet ever since.  lol

          Also, me and Dean Hildebrant (did I even come close to spelling that right??) are working on a new Enochian wiki that might link up very well with yours.  Once we get some material put together, it would be awesome do a link exchange.  :)

          LVX

          Aaron

        • deanhild@att.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 12 5:00 AM
            >Also, me and Dean Hildebrant (did I even come close to spelling that right??) are working on a new >Enochian wiki that might link up very well with yours.  Once we get some material put together, it would be >awesome do a link exchange.

            There's a d between the n and t, and I could mention your grammar.  The site is http://enochianwiki.wikispaces.com/ and I've got much of the material from the old Ored Dhagia site up already, though some could use some editing.
            -Dean

          • kheph777
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 13 10:49 AM
              <<<There's a d between the n and t,>>>

              Wow I was closer than I thought!  :)  lol

              <<<and I could mention your grammar.>>>

              Please no...  :D

              <<< The site is http://enochianwiki.wikispaces.com/ and I've got much of the material from the old Ored Dhagia site up already, though some could use some editing.

              Awesome.  :)

              LVX
              Aaron
            • threekate
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 13 6:14 PM
                Yeah I can't wait to get the time to dig through the archive here and see what you were able to draw from it. This summer I will be doing some formal research into picking out words in unknown languages without known word separation (with the tables of Loagaeth as an example) using several different techniques such as analyzing frequency of letters and several AI techniques. Of course who knows if this is a 'real' language, but regardless of that it should be amenable to analysis.

                Right now I have written a program that will extract all letter combinations found in Loagaeth (using a sort of hybrid of the kondor.de and AOM transcriptions minus tables 25b-28b) sorted by length, frequency, or asphabetically. The lists linked to here only include combinations that occur 3 times or more except uncommon.txt which has the ones that only occur once or twice. Those files can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/threekate/angelicalanalyzer/downloads

                This is very much still in the very initial phases as the real work on it will be done this summer, but it will all be available on that bitbucket project page - still the files as they are right now are probably useful to people looking to understand Loagaeth.

                I look forward to seeing you guys new wiki, I'm sure there will be plenty places to cross-link.

              • threekate
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 13 6:23 PM
                  Ah ok, that site! Yeah I've been keeping an eye on it :-) There are several things I want to link to and or incorporate into angelical.wikia.com, so much to do still! It has made it onto my todo list already at least.
                • kheph777
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 13 9:11 PM

                    Sounds like you're serious about cracking Loagaeth!  Good luck with that... lol

                    If it helps, I have personally become convinced that the first table of Loagaeth ("Zuresk..." - the one with entire words in each cell, found at the very end of the 5 Books) is the key to the rest of the text.  Kind of a grammar lesson, if you will, so the rest of the tables might be understandable.

                    The work I've done on Loagaeth so far has been focused there, gathering words together based on similarities in spelling/letter combinations.  As far as I got, I did find that there are established words there - repeated several times each with different prefixes, affixes and spelling changes very similar to what we see in the 48 Keys.  (All of this work is in my Temple, sitting in hand-written notes on a bookshelf.  Someday I need to get it completed so I can share it with you and others...)

                    LVX

                    Aaron

                  • kheph777
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 14 9:06 PM

                      Threekate,

                      Can you send me a private email?  I'd like to have you in my contacts - when I finally gather my Loagaeth notes together, I think your Wiki might be the perfect place to put them.  :)

                      LVX

                      Aaron