The final (49th) leaf of Loagaeth

  • comaofloss
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
      P.19 TFR: "Write the 49. You have have but 48 already"

      On Casaubon p. 20 it is said that the 21 words are supposed to be arranged to five tables, each of 21 letters. Three on the first side, two on the second. On page 21 it is said that Dee decided to arrange the tables as triangles which was acceptable to Galvah.

      My interpretation of Dee's handwriting:

      Loagaeth seg loxi brinck = 21 letters
      Larzed dox ner habzilb adner = 22, if you count zed as z
      doncha Larb vors hirobra (or vorshirobra) = 21
      exi vr zedmp taiip chinbane = 21, if you count zed as z
      chermach lendix nor zandox = 23

      http://www.themagickalreview.org/enochian/mss/img/cotton_xlvi_1/xlvi1_04_f15b-16a.jpg

      I'm guessing the triangles would've looked something like this (but written from right to left):

      ----------1
      ---------2-3
      --------4-5-6
      ------7-8-9-10
      --11-12-13-14-15
      16-17-18-19-20-21

      or

      ----------1
      --------2-3-4
      -------5-6-7-8
      --9-10-11-12-13-14
      15-16-17-18-19-20-21

      Anyone seen anything similar in the MS?

      My problem is that some of the tables have more than 21 letters. Ideas?
    • AaronL
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
        I published my solution in The Angelical Language Vol. 1, pgs 89-91.

        I suspect that "adnor doncha" is a single (or maybe a compound) word "adnordoncha."

        In Angelical, digraphs are often represented by a single character. Thus, the four instances of "ch" in the table may in fact be a single letter each - the letter Veh. (doncha, chirvane, charmach = donca, cirvane, carmac)

        Finally, two of the words contain "zed", which might indicate the letter Ceph. (larzed, zednip = larz, znip)

        That gives us 105 letters, which can be set into five tables of 21 letters each (7 x 3).

        Dee chose to make the tables into triangles, but I don't personally see any reason to do so. The five 7x3 tables should be symbolically sound.

        LVX
        Aaron

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
          Ah, thanks for that! One thing thought, to me the "now seas appear" could also be refering to the words "vors hirobra", since there seems to be a marking under them that links them together?

          Geiad il,
          Tomi

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
            I just thought of another possible way to get to 105:

            Loagaeth seg loxi brinck = 21
            Larz(ed) dox ner habzilb adner = 22
            (don=)R cha Larb vors hirobra = 19
            exi (vr=)L z(ed)mp taiip chinbane = 20
            chermach lendix nor zandox = 23

            =105

          • deanhild@att.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2012
              What Ave told me in relation to the tablet is:

              Liber Loagaeth table 1.

              The first tablet is extracted from the following passage given by Galvah:

              Loagaeth seg Loxi brinc. Larzed dox ner habzilb adner doncha Larb vors-hiroba
              exi vr zedmp taup hinvanc chermach Lendix nor zandox.

              Dee was told to write this in five groups of 21 letters, which presents a
              problem since the passage contains 110 letters. I believe the L's are to be
              left out in forming the tablet. This gives the following letter groupings
              which are to be placed with the first three groups on the front and the last
              two on the back:

              OAGAETHSEGOXIBRINCARZ

              EDDOXNERHABZILBADNERD

              ONCHAARBVORSHIROBRAEX

              IVRZEDMPTAUPCHINVANCC

              HERMACHENDIXNORZANDOX

              The transmission of the tablet was accompanied by imagery of physical, animal
              life, and the corresponding gate was said to relate to Christ's coming. The
              tablet per se relates to the life aspect, and the introduction of the capital
              L's (L meaning God and/or Christ in this context) activates the implicit,
              latent aspect of the tablet relating to the passage given by Galvah.

              By taking the 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, and 21st letters of each group, one gets
              the following passage described to me by Ave:

              Otoi zen ba do ar ox id unchci zx.

              This passage characterizes the physical life aspect of the tablet, and Ave
              provided the following tentative translation:

              Otoi: The beginning of life. Note that this is also the name of the serviant
              angel from the ORO tablet going with the living creatures of earth.
              zen: The seperate place wills selves (this is also the name of the 18th aether)
              ba: many
              do: selves
              ar: that
              ox: in becoming limited/limiting (also the name of an I Ged group)
              id: can
              unchci: be fruitful and multiply
              zx: dividing limits, ie rearanging the limiting patterns. Note that IZXP is
              the angel of the MOR tablet in the corresponding position to OTOI. The i from
              unchci plus zx thus can imply the completion stage begun in otoi, minus the
              fixity of the final P of IZXP

              The passage Galvah gave is divided by a period in the middle, the part before
              being prepatory for Christ's coming and the part after relating directly to
              Christ's coming. The five words beginning with L's seem to be headings in a
              sense for the sections of this process. A tentative translation is as follows:

              Loagaeth: speach of God
              seg: possessing the will to negate
              Loxi: Age of God
              brinc: makes hands
              Larzed: God makes
              dox: possibilities become limited
              ner: selves will movement
              habzilb: life multiplies and changes
              adner: becoming servants
              doncha: living servants cause life to multiply anew
              Larb: Christ's appearence
              vors-hiroba: shapes and forms life
              exi: will limits energy
              vr: light moves
              zedmp: space is entered
              taup: entering energy gives rise to the specific one
              chinvanc: enters life as a person
              chermach: becomes a realized person
              Lendix: Christ's incarnation
              nor: self being movement
              zandox: influence for becoming

              It is interesting to see how these two passages intersect. The first section
              Loagaeth seg fits with the ot of otoi, thus the beginning of the process lies
              in the disruption or negation of the balance at the root of life. Gurdjieff
              talked about this aspect of the Christian mysteries, see Bennett's Masters of
              Wisdom. The second section goes with the oi, each of these being the
              beginnings of the relevant energies. The next passage goes with zen ba do,
              each of these relating to the emergence of selves. The next goes with ar ox
              id unchc-, each of these relating to defining limited specifics. The last goes
              with -i zx, Christ's incarnation being coming within the limits of existing
              patterns, and again there is the parallel with IZXP.

              -Dean

            • threekate
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16, 2014
                As a side note, (in my current working transcription of Loagaeth that excludes 25b-28b and 49 and assumes words don't cross line boundaries):

                * adnor appears 15 times
                * doncha appears 16 times
                * ordon appears 10 times
                * rdon appears 29 times
                * all other combinations of more than 3 letters in "adnordoncha" or "adnor doncha" appear 2 or fewer times.

                * 15 or 16 occurrences for a letter combination of 5-6 letters is above average indicating that "adnor" and "doncha" are likely to be words, but uncommon words.
                * "adnor" is found with both short prefixes and short suffixes
                * "doncha" is found with short suffixes
                * Neither is found as part of longer compound words
                * "ordon" seems to be a stand alone word on its own as there are no frequently occurring prefixes or suffixes
                * Compound words in Loagaeth often seem to be made of more than 2 frequent but stand-alone letter combinations (ie words)
                * Its therefore reasonable to suggest that one could say adnor + ordon + doncha = adnordoncha as a single word, though a simple adnor+doncha would also be very possible.
              • kheph777
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 19, 2014

                  This is very similar to the work I've been doing with Loagaeth.  I haven't gotten to the point of calculating how many times each word appears - but I have been looking for duplicates or words similar enough to suggest they are related, and gathering them all together as best as I can.

                  Dammit you're going to make me go dig out those notes, and I have other stuff that needs to get done!  lol

                  LVX

                  Aaron

                • threekate
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 19, 2014
                    I would absolutely love to see your notes though whenever you get around to sharing them, but don't feel pressured by me :-) I'm certainly bogged down with work and school right now and trying to sneak some Loagaeth work in while I can so I probably don't have much time to look at your notes until after finals in a couple weeks anyway.

                    Oh, also you might find this file that I just uploaded to my analyzer project page interesting: https://bitbucket.org/threekate/angelicalanalyzer/downloads/48calls_roots.txt
                    What I did here was take every word in your Angelical Language Vol. 2 book and pulled out all words containing any given letter combination (of up to 4 letters) with the following patterns:
                    '-ah' is all words ending in ah
                    'dor-' is all words starting with dor
                    '-tly-' is all words that have tly together somewhere in the word
                    'a-b-a-g' is all words that contain the letters a, b, a, and g in that order but possibly with letters in between them.

                    oh also the word spellings in that file are normalized so that like i=y such that -iai- lists words with the letter sequences -iai-, -iay-, -yai-, and -yay-.

                    Also I started on a fairly simple application to visualize the loagaeth tables to visually look for patterns by assigning colors to the letters and optionally blending tables together, I posted a more detailed message about it to the 'enochian' yahoo group but its still pending approval but you can see some screenshots of it here:

                    I still need to work out some bugs in the color blending when viewing more than one table but still its interesting to play around with. If nothing else it can produce some quite interesting images for use as focal points during meditation. The source code for it is on that bitbucket project page, but once I have it finished (probably this summer) I'll package together an installable version for people to play around with.