Re: Why does anton levey use the enochian keys in the satanic bible?

  • Athena
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
      --- In angelical_linguistics@yahoogroups.com, "Illuminist156" <illuminist156@...> wrote:

      > Anton levey has adopted the enochian keys to the satanic bible, dee was
      > not satanic as far as I know.

      I know this thread it old, but had to reply :>.
      LaVey used anything and everything he could... Deities from many different pantheons, Enochian calls with a few words changed around, and many concepts from Ayne Rand.

      Here is the amusing bit... I had been working with Enochian magic for about 10 years or so when I started doing the odd ritual with a friend of mine who is a Satanist. He would always ask me to read the Enochian calls part of the ritual. So we experimented with the slightly modified LaVey versions vs the original calls. We found both to work quite well, and the spells come to be. I'm sure it was more then a bit blasphemous, but I'm always up for an experiment. One thing I have to give LaVey credit for is coming up with a use for the Enochian calls. The GD did as well of course. I have since experimented with using different Enochian calls for different types of magic, but in this case within the context of the Enochian system and in their original form. They definitely do work well :).

      I still wonder what the calls were originally meant for. They did come before the great table, quite a bit before it in fact. Perhaps to be used with the 49x49 tables, or for something else entirely. I have my own theories, but much more experimentation is needed before I know for sure.

      Btw, Aaron, fall of this year is so long to wait!! Hopefully the EEs can help me out with patience lol.

      Athena
      --
      www.enochian.org