create process failed, verify browser setting

  • kevin11x@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      I have been using your anfy apps since 1999, or rather I began using them way back then when I first started creating web pages to use with Excite's Virtual Places.

      I rediscovered the app today after much searching and downloaded the app again--it brought back many fond memories.

      When I installed it on my computer, however, when I try to preview an applet, I get a message that says "create process failed, verify browser setting."

      I searched the forums but I haven't found any valid message within a number of years. That message simply suggested to try uninstalling and reinstalling, which I did but got the same problem.

      I can use an on-line code generator from another site, but I would much rather use your app.

      * I can see the working applet on other web pages,
      * I am running Java 6 update 17,
      * I have Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13
      * I installed the app in a subdirectory on my G: drive.
      * In Internet Options "Advanced" Tab, in the "Java (Sun) section, I have a check in "Use JRE 1.6.0_17 for applet (requires restart)"

      Please help me.
    • Patricia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
        Kevin I had the same problem and found there is a fix exe file in the File Folder on the group home page.
        I was having no luck but finally found an answer when googling.
        My last reply on that subject to someone else was in October and it is still showing on the home page message list....Pat