Re: Slideshow question

  • Mike Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2003
      (Yawn) Just woke up... Is this July '03 already?

      I've been involved on a ton of projects on my boat and have been
      neglecting the group - I'll try to do better in the future!

      Mike

      --- In anfy@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Petrie <hughpetrie@s...> wrote:
      > Having this show up in my mail is funny. Like Rip Van Winkel.
      This
      > item is very old and stale.
      >
      > Where you been Mike?
      >
      > Hugh
      >
      > Mike Smith wrote:
      >
      > > Welcome, Jo!
      > >
      > > To answer your question directly, yes, you can put multiple
      applets,
      > > and multiple copies of applets on a Web page. However, you will
      pay
      > > a price in load time so you need to optimize each of the applets
      and
      > > their components. You can arrange the applets using tables and I
      > > suggest that you use a WYSIWYG editor like Frontpage to simplify
      your
      > > life. You can always go in and tweak the HTML as you like after
      the
      > > initial construction. Don't be too concerned about HTML "going
      > > away" - it won't happen anytime soon - with several billion Web
      pages
      > > out there who is going to rewrite them! As you can see, I'm not
      > > a "purist" in all this - I just like to get the job done and cash
      the
      > > check!
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >

      > > --- In anfy@yahoogroups.com, "jo" <jo@z...> wrote:
      > > > Hi everybody. I'm new here, I hope the questions I have have not
      > > > been asked too many times before.
      > > >
      > > > I have some experience with creating web pages, and a little
      using
      > > > Java Applets.
      > > >
      > > > I want to use the Anfy slideshow applet on a web site. The book
      > > flip
      > > > is particularly suitable.
      > > >
      > > > Is it possible to put more than one onto a page, perhaps four,
      with
      > > > two side by side, and another two underneath?
      > > >
      > > > To be honest, I have experimented with HTML for a while and have
      > > > never quite figured out how to position things on a web page,
      > > > especially side by side.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05005703:HM/A=1564415/R=0/SIG=11t6t7kdo/*http://www.netflix.com/Defaul