Classical books

  • ancientworldbooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2004

      Here listed are some books that I’m interested in selling. All titles are hardcover unless otherwise stated. All books will be sold on a first-come first-served basis.

      Just email us directly at
      info@... with the name and
      number of the book(s) you would like and we'll reserve them for you once price is agreed upon and payment is received.  I haven’t set prices as of yet.

      Buyer pays surface postage and packaging for $6.00 in the US.
      $3.50 for the second book.  Additional books at cost. International shipping outside Canada/US is extra (usually $8.50) but depends on the weight of your order.  Please allow a day or two to allow us to inquire on postal rates.
      Payment within the USA/international is accepted through Paypal (www.paypal.com).
      I will also accept well-concealed Euros/US$ from Europe sent at your risk.

      All transactions are to be completed within 14 days, unless we agree to special arrangements. I send all of my items carefully packaged to avoid any damage during transit.

      Thank you!
      Ancientworldbooks

      Classics Books:
      Greek

      1. Lucan Pharsalia translated and with an introduction by Jane Wilson Joyce (Cornell UP) SC

      2. Festivals of the Athenians by H.W. Parke (Aspects of Greek and Roman Life) (Cornell UP)

      3. Hounds and Hunting in Ancient Greece by Denison Bingham Hull (Chicago UP)

      4. The Politics of Plunder: Aitolians and their Koinon in the Early Hellenistic Era, 279-217 B.C. by Joseph B. Scholten (California UP)

      5. A Lexicon to Achilles Tatius by James N. O’Sullivan (Walter de Gruyter)

      6. An English-Greek Lexicon by G. M. Edwards (Cambridge UP)

      7. Warriors into Traders: The Power of the Market in Early Greece by David W. Tandy (California UP)

      8. Greek Education 450-350 B.C. by Frederick A.G. Beck (Methuen)

      9. The Greeks: A great Adventure by Isaac Asimov (Houghton Mifflin Company)

      10. Greek Fortifications by F.E. Winter (University of Toronto Press)

      11. Studies in Honour of Gilbert Norwood edited by Mary White (University of Toronto Press)

      12. Language and Logos: Studies in Ancient Greek Philosophy edited by Malcolm Schofield and Martha Nussbaum (Cambridge UP)

      13. Alexander and the Hellenistic World by C. Bradford Welles (A.M. Hakkert) SC

      14. Doubt and Dogmatism: Studies in Hellenistic Epistemology edited by Malcolm Schofield, Myles Burnyeat and Jonathan Barnes (Clarendon/Oxford Press)

      15. Hunting in the Ancient World by J.K. Anderson (California UP)

      16. Philological Quarterly 4 volumes published by University of Iowa SC

      17. Aristotle’s Theory of Poetry and Fine Art by S.H. Butcher (MacMillan & Co.)

      18. Myth and Society in Attic Drama by Alan M.G. Little (Octagon Books)

      19. The Greek Commonwealth: Politics & Economics in Fifth-Century Athens by Alfred E. Zimmern (Oxford University Press)

      20. Botsford and Robinson’s Hellenic History Revised by Donald Kagan (MacMillan & Co.)

      21. The Greco-Persian Wars by Peter Green (California UP)

      22. Colony and Mother City in Ancient Greece by A.J. Graham (Manchester University Press)

      23. Georgia in Antiquity:  A History of Colchis and Transcaucasian Iberia: 550 BC-AD 562

      24. The Ancient Gods: The History and Diffusion of Religion in the Ancient Near East and the Eastern Mediterranean by E.O. James (G.P. Putnam’s Sons)

      25. Athenian Democracy by A.H.M. Jones (Blackwell)

      Rome:

      26. The Architect of the Roman Empire (44-27 B.C.) by T. Rice Holmes (Oxford UP)

      27. Rome in the Late Republic by Mary Beard & Michael Crawford (Cornell UP)

      28. The Moral and Political Tradition of Rome by Donald Earl (Thames and Hudson)

      29. The Ancient Roman City by John E. Stambaugh (John Hopkins Press)

      30. the Goths (Peoples of Europe) by Peter Heather (Blackwell)

      31. Animals in roman Life and Art by J.M.C. Toynbee (Cornell UP)

      32. The Religions of the Roman Empire by John Ferguson (Cornell UP)

      33. Urbanitas: Ancient Sophistication and Refinement by Edwin S. Ramage (University of Cincinnati)

      34. Ancient Umbria: State, Culture and Identity in Central Italy from the Iron Age to the Augustan Era by Guy Bradley (Oxford UP)

      35. Carthage: Uncovering the Mysteries and Splendors of Ancient Tunisia by David Soren, Aicha Ben Abed Ben Khader, and Hedi Slim (simon and Schuster)

      36. Nero by Edward Champlin (Harvard/Belknap)

      37. Galen’s Institutio Logica: English Translation, introduction and Commentary by John S. Kieffer (John Hopkins Press)

      38. Tarquinia and Etruscan Origins by Hugh Hencken (Thames and Hudson)

      39. APULEIUS Apologia by Butler/Owen (Georg Olms)

      40. Roman Ostia by Russell Meiggs (Oxford Clarendon Press)

      41. Comparative Studies in Republican Latin Imagery by Elaine Fantham (University of Toronto Press)

      42. The Noblest Roman: Marcus Brutus and his Reputation by M.I. Clarke (Thames and Hudson)

      43. The Lyric Genius of Catullus by Eric A. Havelock (Russell & Russell)

      44. The Odes of Horace: A Critical Study by Steele Commager (Yale UP)

      45. Foreign Clientelae (264-70 B.C.) by E. Badian (Oxford at Clarendon Press)

      46. History in Ovid by Ronald Syme (Oxford)

      47. Horace by Eduard Fraenkel (Oxford UP)

      48. Barbarians within the Gates of Rome: A study of Roman Military Policy and the Barbarians, ca. 375-425 A.D. by Thomas S. Burns (Indiana UP)

      49. Diocletian and the Roman Recovery by Stephen Williams (Methuen)

      50. Roman Colonization under the Republic by E.T. Salmon (Thames and Hudson)