Fred Rydholm - R.I.P.

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
      Ted,here are links to two videos featuring Fred Rydholm:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84mrTUhaH3s

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59GVIUl0-o

      Unfortunately neither one focuses on the content of his lectures; I heard him on a couple occasions, and he was an unforgettable speaker.
    • minnesotastan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
        Ted - here are two videos focusing on Fred Rydholm.

        Inducted into the Wall of Excellence

        A Tribute To Fred Rydholm

        Unfortunately neither one features the content of his lectures.  I heard him on a couple of occasions, and he was an unforgettable speaker.

        p.s. - to others posting messages here - try the "Rich Text Editor" beta link above the message-entering box.  It makes it easy to insert clickable links, boldface, italics, etc.  I posted this message the "old way" first and with the "rich text editor" here.  Much better this way.

        stan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009

          Fred Rydholm left a strong impression on me during the two occasions that I met him. The first was in Wilmington , Ohio . I had the opportunity to learn of his discoveries on UP copper at that AAAPS conference. He explained with a booming voice about the copper discoveries in the Upper Peninsula . His elite skills as an orator were clear when everyone in the conference hall gave him a standing ovation. A standing ovation seemed insufficient at that time. He later asked me at breakfast about the copper discoveries in Mound 34 at Cahokia . He expressed interest in the quantities of copper found there and asked about the evidence of smelting.

          The second occasion that I met him was at the Eagle Lodge in the Keweenaw Peninsula . He was unable to stay for the entire conference but we were happy to meet him again.

          Vince Barrows

          lockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255); margin-left: 5px; padding-left: 5px;">