Re: Underwater Structure in NW Wisconsin Revisited: Almost!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009

      All,   I want to briefly acknowledge the new file Vince sent today, Rock Art of Wickes, Missouri1.ppt -A presentation on Rock Art of Wickes, Missouri.  My computer crashed a couple of months ago and a Dell phone tech sent and helped install new DVD's, yet still cannot open most files.  I'll do so later today when I begom a free 8-Thursday afternoon Basic Computers class at the public library, as never had formal sequential computer coursework.  Hopefully can then move into basic classes on digital photos, Powerpoint, etc.  Essential with the (online-) 2009 A+C Atlantic Conference coming October 10th-11th and   possibly a second weekend included.

      I was greatly moved by Herb's post on the NW Wisconsin Underwater Structures revisited.  In your opening remark, Herb, I'd bet at least half a dozen members at this group (Kentucky film producers Lee & Joy Pennington included) besides myself agree with you:

       "I believe there is more potential for new unexpected discoveries in the Lake Superior country than anywhere else in the country, if not the world: Including both natural and supernatural discoveries!"

      Re: http://www.atthecreation.com/ROAD/UNDERWATER.RD.html , when an update had not followed the July, 2007 discovery, I suspected you had been unable to relocate the obscure underwater structure, or something else had taken place.  I sympathisize with your encounter and am aware of such things myself, but know scientists who have, too. Such encournters are difficult to talk about, perhaps are in some 'quantum' physical or 'ultradimentional' realm. Believe me, it would be easier if they were 'hallucinations".  The story got me to pondering while driving to a Lenten Soup Kitchen last night, and I made a couple of phone call attempts to two or three whom I know will talk about their own experiences.  Scherz' computer is kaput again so he has missed weeks of posts, including this one, but he knows of legends and similar encounters...sometimes they are human ones, and "marker trees" seem an indication when sites are protected.  But the nonhuman ones, the professor has spoken through the years of similar experiences during underwater work or surveying ancient/sacred sites, especially in wilderness areas.

      Fred Rydholm during camp fireside chats year ago has related quite a few. Some far back as when he and a friend (I beleive an Ojibaway) named Indian Jim as young men worked as surveyors and land protectors  for Henry Ford, the Silus McCormick family and other members at the pristine wilderness of the still guarded immense 'Huron Mountain Club' lands near Mt. Argon/Huron Mt. between Keweenaw Bay and Marquette, MI.

      I don't know Fred as do his hundreds of close friends, but had called him not long ago on the phone about a site farther north of the Lake Michigan underwater 'Stonehenge' site being surveyed by prof. Mark Holley from NMU (where I went to college for a while early 60's).  Fred is the only one I could ask about his particular site but he told me it is in his new book, and I still cannot find it.  But that site on a peninsula of Lake Huron allegedly stayed untouched by the last 'glacial'  or ice movement, and we al need to delve more into this.

      So many areas remain yet in and near the Great Lakes, Mississippi riverways and the continent's last remaining wilderness lands between both oceans have barely been touched, much less been explored for millinnea.  And I believe we need to be open to the possibilities that two-way traffic, visitors, settlers from many continents took place for perhaps tens out thousands of years or longer.  Where such encounters of diverse peoples took place that were 'evolutionary', muutually enhancing of peoples and lands, reverend, inclusive and life-sustaining.........these missing stories, legends, and solid scientific data that have come forth I 'treasure' more than anything material and are probably at the roots of why I am in this work as support person and promoter.  'We' have and are losing more and more those dedicated few who have devoted their heartl and personal resources in enlightening this world in their courageous efforts to delving deeply, wholly, truthfully into the ancient past, things long lost to the legacies that are essential to know in order to re-shape the present, correct erroneous wrong turns in the shaping of our societies as we have been taught.

      The phone conversation I had with Fred Rydholm a few weeks ago, he had just gotten back from a medical appointment and said with a laugh that his doctors told him "my cancer is progressing nicely" and given a few weeks or months to live.  He is trying hard to stick around for his son's wedding this month (April).  Anyone having contact with Fred, or updates, please let this group know.   We have spoken about the Ryhdolms, AAPS and previous large and groups in which many peoples and various noncompetitive groups have worked together through the years.  Fred was at the 3-day weekend Ancient Waterways Society gathering at the resort along Lake Superior south of Copper Harbor, MI where at least twenty of you and others showed up.   Thank goodness for these little ongoing groups, occasional informal gatherings, and larger conferences where more formal research is shared and set permanently into CD's and even TV documentaries.

      Re: a bit more about wilderness and/or protected areas again......another fellow I tried to get hold of by phone last night was Frank Joseph who for years was editor of Ancient American Magazine (now a consultant), early books during the 80's I'd read include  Atlantis in Wisconsin and Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake.  I'd gotten to know him personally at a northside Chicago bookstore and a large A.R. E. Conference in Chicago where he was main speaker re: his underwater photos of the giant ancient stone anomalies underwater  off Yonaguni, Japan.  Frank's books and the Yonaguni site really piqued my interest in ancient diffusionist research twenty years ago, not too long after the year I'd  transported the NB Miq'Mac friend Hunts to a UW anthropology professor for work they were doing together.

      But for Herb, here.  An early 90's phone converstion with Frank, he told me about encounters he had diving (I believe mentioned in part in one of the above books) in a particular end of Rock Lake (in Lake Mills, a couple of miles from the Aztalan Mounds); other divers I met after that from the Rock Lake Research Association were reluctant to discuss publicly.  Frank told me what he had to do in order to be able to revisit, continue diving and photography in that particular area of the eerily murky green waters of Rock Lake.

      Ancient Waterways member Pam Giese living now in the UK grew up only a few miles from the legendary Rock Lake.  And Steve Stegerwald and Jim Stevens who wrote the moving letter re: the still missing Offerator Stone are from the Rock Lake-Aztalan, where I've no doubt research of more depth may yet be forthcoming ... Pam, Steve S., and Jim Stevens undoubtely not only know more details than I of the scientific research, but just as importantly, the spiritual wisdom and legendary story histories that those close to the lands and waters there carry on in those ancient places.

      Herb, no one who has been following for years here your love of the wilderness and all its creations could ever doubt the benevolent motives you have maintained, and shared, especially the 'Ancient Underwater Road?' site you clearly keep protected.  The answers, as you know well,  are internally enspirited and  I've no doubt you will know a nd carry this confidence in your intentions next submersion.  Perhaps with a trusted friend who knows and reverences the waters you have long been frequenting and photographing.

      Thanks for the update and generosity once again in sharing this with an almost 50 member group plus nonmember followers here.

      MSE