4 photo facts

  • charbruns
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 9:07 AM
      two photos of magnetic rock:
      located at the top of the Gunflint Trail north of Grand Marais on the Canadian border overlooking the Laurentian Divide. I believe the rock is marking the passage from northern waters to either Great Lakes or Mississippi Flowage. MN DNR say this was too large for humans to have raised and was merely a glacial erratic. Folks may request from my files further shots of support stones 'set by glacier' to hold this menhir upright.
      dolmen by river:
      well known dolmen just inside Boundary Waters Canoe Area entrance of Sawbill Lake. Sawbill Lodge can rent you a canoe and direct you to it. Trail turns north from Highway 61 and Lake Superior at Tofte, MN. DNR believes it was work of previous U.S. Forestry personel from Bluebird fire tower.
      Swiss Army knife and rock face:
      On shoreline of ancient Lake Duluth, near Copper Harbor, Michigan. A tough read, but photo was sent in large pixel # format. Good luck. Look centrally for double angles, some said 'star shape'. Could this be the top of the mast and rigging on a square sailed open boat? I believe I saw same boat in a mosaic from Minoan ruins. chb