more about ISAC, Dr. Joseph B. Mahan....

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2009

      Zena, All...

      I appreciate your posting the correct acronym for the Institute for the Study of American Cultures.  A searching for more on ISAC and the late Dr. Joseph B. Mahan I came this about the 30th annicersary of the organization in Columbus, GA in 2003. The 10/30/03 article "Columbus State Establishes Research Room 'In Pursuit of Truth'" addresses CSU's efforts in becoming a 'key player in the campaign for historical accuracy':

      http://www.econ.ohio-state.edu/jhm/arch/outliers.html http://archives.colstate.edu/ISAC/index.php

      Joseph Mahan also received an Advisory Council on Historic Preservation award from US President Carter in 1978: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=31125

      I look forward to learning more about some of the people Zena mentioned, ISAC and other organizations, past and present which continue to contribute so much toward historic, archaeological, and scientific accuracy.

      MSE