Colorado man finds a cache of 83 Clovis tools - in his back yard!

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 9:54 PM
      He hired workmen to dig a hole for a fishpond. When they were down
      about 18 inches they heard a "clink" and found 83 stone tools that had
      been buried together (probably originally wrapped in a skin that
      deteriorated).

      The tools have been dated to 13,000 B.P. because some of them had
      protein residue from extinct camels etc.

      I wrote a brief report on this at my blog; there are links there to
      three reports, one of which includes video displaying some of the
      items. (Interestingly some of the items have been reburied at the
      original site in deference to the Clovis person who made them!)

      http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2009/03/clovis-tool-cache-discovered.html

      Enjoy -

      Stan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 8:41 AM

        Stan, All,

        There are few things of interest I can share from the Ancient Waterways site with siblings, but the 13,000 Clovis discovery is of particular interest because our family resided in Boulder in the mid-1950's.  I see a news article and video below Stan's blog article some of you  might not have seen: ("This link includes a video.")

        I want to mention, too that ~12,500 year old cataclysmic time period again which arises over and over tht allegedly caused drastic worldwide changes...ie, the Fifth (existing) course of the Nile River from the earlier SEMP article I have put on this site.

        I wonder too if some of the giant bones in Tennessee caves and sinkholes along with thousands of stone bird carvings that Jamie Clark was looking into a few years ago is also related to this particular time period.

        Susan.. Due to loss of visual acuity in one eye from computer screen glare, fifteen minute daily online restrictions the past few weeks have kept me only watching the site for spam.  I hope it will betemporary but I had to leave a medical claims review job years ago for similar reasons; now it is worse.  Fortunately newspapers and book print have no negative affect.