Fwd: interview

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      I would like to share this answer I got back with  the AWS group.  The link JQ provides has some nice illustrations

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "James Q. Jacobs" <jqjacobs@...>
      Date: February 23, 2009 9:36:59 PM CST
      To: Ted Sojka <tedsojka@...>
      Subject: Re: interview

      Ted Sojka ... wrote:
      Interview on Canada's Stonehenge
      The Octagon in Newark, Ohio, the Woodhenge at Cahokia in
      Illinois, and so many other things based on the l8.6 year
      lunar cycle, make me wonder how all these observations were
      known all over the world? It leads you to wonder what the
      commonality of experience was, that led to all these
      buildings, earthworks, and stoneworks, pyramids. ....

      Most archaeastronomers are arguing that there are ZERO lunar standstill alignments.  I don't know of any at Woodhenge (a solar marker).  Newark's Octagon seems to be the exception, but there are other plausible reasons for that alignment even.  I discuss those here:

      Temporal Epoch Calculations - http://jqjacobs.net/astro/epoch_2000.html
      An Introduction to Research Considerations Regarding Temporal
      Variations in Archaeoastronomical and Archaeogeodetic Variables.

      I recently postulated a better method of determining longitude on land than what I proposed previously.  That method is the commonality underpinning the array of monuments.  It relies on an origin point where eclipses are observed, and then longitude determinations based on the observations.  In this system, monuments propagate from the place of origin because they employ the initial observations from that point.  I have this discussion buried for now, and will bring it to the fore in a separate article soon.  See:

      Does the Foot Fit Britannia?
      http://jqjacobs.net/astro/english_foot.html

      In the course of that research I discovered the quantification of a lunar orbit precession 5,000 years ago and at Newark.  Then I discovered modern astronomers don't know about it yet.

      JQ