Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Fw: web page about Monk Mound!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2009
      Dear Vince,

      Thanks for the posting on the Russian website.   I think they have determined the pyramid near Bosnia is a natural feature, but seeing all the pyramids listed around the world is  a good thing for diffusionists to ponder.

      There was a classic western on TV last night called Vera Cruz, that used the giant stone pyramids North of Mexico City as a backdrop in many scenes, though they were not mentioned at all in the dialog.  Mounted soldiers by the hundreds riding past the temple mounds gave a sense of scale you do not see in most photos.  The movie was stock fifties Gary Cooper genre, but the background scenery was great.

      If you did not get to the site that chris posted about a site near Muscatine Iowa, this link below is working.  ( I got a "page not found" when I tried it the first link.)

      It shows a video of Dave Benn, who is a famous archeologist here in Iowa, and I have know he and friends for many years.

      The state archeologist John Doershuk is visiting the site tomorrow.

      The village has produced a very complete site from around 300 AD because the ground was never plowed before and was on the other side of a levee, which is being redone in advance of Spring Floods this year.

      Ted
      On Feb 15, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Vincent Barrows wrote:

      A Note about Monks Mound - from Post Graduate in Russia.