The homepage photo

  • Minnesotastan@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2004
      I thought the society's home page would look more professional with
      some sort of logo or image. Being the newest of newcomers to the
      group, I undertook this with some trepidation, finally deciding to go
      with a montage rather than a single image, and managed to squeeze the
      voyages of the Vikings, a Phoenician carrying a copper oxhide,
      Beringia, the ice-free corridor, and the Pacific coastal migration
      route into a single image.

      These photos were culled from various websites, and it is possible
      (likely) that they are copyright protected. Since we're not using
      them for profit, I hope I can delay any "cease and desist" order by
      citing their sources. The basic map comes from
      www.sfu.ca/geography/map_gallery, the Phoenician from
      www.sportesport.it/images/Wrecks/Turkey, and the Viking routes from
      webexhibits.org/vinland/i/map2.jpg. I modified the maps by deleting
      some text, resized the images, added the society name, and compressed
      the final image with JPEG.

      If anyone in the group feels this homepage photo is unrepresentative
      of the society's interests, please feel free to offer a substitute by
      posting a replacement image in the Photos section of the website.