Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Re: Hooked X; Leuthner & other KRS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009

      Hi Stan,

      Thanks for your vote of confidence in my ability to pull rabbits out of my hat. The last direct contact I had with Margaret Leuthner’s (say “Lightner”) family was 2 yrs ago. It is up to them to first sort out what they may consider personal correspondence from her research contacts and work files. Her book library in itself was a treasure. I’m hoping they can find it in their hearts to share it with the public rather than keep it all ‘in the family’. Her son Dan, my most recent contact, had told me he’d let me know when the children and grandchildren (now adults) were ready to have someone more research-savvy come put the rest of it in order. So far the wires and airwaves have been silent.

      The material assets, estate and papers of course belong to the family. What ever Margaret had in her will is not legally binding, but up to family discretion. In any case, I’m not sure I’d be the one most able to catalog or even make heads or tails of her files anyhow. Dan, her son the lawyer, was moderately involved with his Mom’s projects and would have understood her ways of thought rumination better than I ever could. What will be done with her work? I don’t know.

      Margaret and I had many sessions together, and I did various illustrations for her in preparation for publication, but the three or four directions she was going all at one time never solidified into anything actually printed with both our names on it. So I have no handle to suggest or ‘insist’ in the least way that I please have access to her files other than as a cohort of hers, that had next to no interaction with the rest of her family.

      Stan, I appreciate the suggestions about uploading things, but what I have for text is not complete, just the sections that involved what she wanted illustrated. My illustrations without her text are just ‘nice pictures’ without any educational value. For all my art skill with photoshop and/ or classic media, I am still a very rudimentary internet operator. I’m lucky I can do some Googling and open my e-mail. As co-director at The Equinox Project, I handle the incoming queries, but my lead Director, Rod Schmidt is the webmaster. So I’ve never created a website myself, rather just sat in the auto-shift driver’s seat after the gizmo has been invented for me to use! lol

      At the same time that I was working with Margaret, I was working with Michael Zalar as his graphic layout and illustrator for his KRS FAQ booklet still available at his website

      >   http://www.geocities.com/thetropics/island/3634/index2.html   <

      That is, if he’s made up a batch lately. I sent him all the original discs.

      I notice Mike has let his domain-name claim lapse at “Greywacke Press”. You can certainly contact him for copy availability  of his FAQ booklet at the snail and e-mail info at the website. He’s given me permission to print a batch if I get enough orders from north of Alexandria in MN (as 'territory') or on my own outside of the tri-state region. (MN/ND/SD) to make a run to the local printshop worth while. But even at $6 apiece, I’d have to get a 200 ct order ahead of time. I don’t see that happening.

      Should anyone here at AWA wish to see a sample printout of the KRS rune-variation font I made for Margaret, let me know by private e-mail and I can send you a  ,jpg. offlist.

      Skol!

      -chris