Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Margaret Leuthner; Reply pt 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009

      Hey there, Terry, Stan ,Susan,  all

      It is not in my awareness just how many side articles in various journals Margaret wrote.

      online there is this distinction

      >   http://www.midwesternepigraphic.org/symp06.html   <

      (exerpts from said: )

      Victor Moseley Awards

      Joan Covey, Margaret Leuthner, Robert Wilson and Sharon Wilson
      All are long-time members of the Midwestern Epigraphic Society. Both Joan and Margaret are of the Barry Fell era in Epigraphy.

      Margaret was a close associate of the late Donald Cyr and wrote Abba Father - The Monk's Signature in the The Eclectic Epigrapher  ed by DL Cyr; Tiptoeing into the Ogam Morass in the The Celtic Connection  ed by DL Cyr and finally Decipherment and Translation of Two Quebec Petroglyphs in the Stonehenge Viewpoint No 80 1988  ed by DL Cyr

      Find attached a scan of the 2 photocopied pages Margaret sent me of her article in The Eclectic Epigrapher.

      It is of an article of hers she wrote concerning the infamous Ogham found in Wyoming County, W.Virginia. Fell, Robert L. Pyle and several other vocal, critical researchers have tackled this panel. Margaret lets all that prior work stand as it may, and noticed a small, undiscussed detail which her own eyes lit upon.

      Some think she may go too far into speculative cryptography by the end of the article, but you have to admit she has some VERY valid points when taken one at a time. The fact that her enthusiasm pours out in a happy waterfall of brainstorming is so like my own reaction to epigraphical subjects which ‘turn my crank’ that I can easily forgive her a few overextended appendages if there’s still such good meat to be had on the rest of the duck.

      Along with that is attached another page from her KRS book, an all important passage on bindrunes and description of a highly critical one that appears on the KRS, Oval+N.

      -chris