Zena Halperin's review of Cabal of the Westford Knight ( D. Brody)

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009

      Susan and All:

      Zena (bless her heart!) has graciously written a review of my book.  She says she is having trouble getting it to you in a readable format and asked me to try.  Here it is attached.  It is also pasted below.

      Thanks to both of you for all your support on this project!

      Dave
      Zena's   Review

      The Cabal of the Westford Knight; Templars at the Newport Tower

       by David  S.Brody.

               Martin & Lawrence Press, $14.95   Available on Amazon.com

      Book Review by Zena Halpern:

            The Cabal of the Westford Knight, Templars at the Newport Tower was reviewed by "Baron Review of Books" recently. Here are excerpts from the review.  " This is a marvelous, extremely literate novel about the first Scottish explorers of the New World in the 1300's and is a very readable, action packed adventure. Pick this one up and be one of the first to read it."

          Another reviewer, " The Templar Fellowship of America,"  says the book "takes readers on a tour of sites and artifacts Â…binding together the Newport Tower and ancient inscriptions in a whopper of a plot. It's a feast for history buffs and those who love a literary roller coaster."

         " Mystery Book Review" said " this is an excellent historical conspiracy thriller which uses existing places, historical events, skillfully interweaving fact and fiction."

           David S. Brody is a Boston Globe best selling author who was named "Best Local Author by the Boston Phoenix." He has also  written  "The Wrong Abraham," "Unlawful Deeds" and "Blood of the Tribe."

           Anyone who loves historical novels with a unique mystery twist will be taken on an adventure through New England sites up to and  including Nova Scotia, Oak Island, Roslyn Chapel and  Iceland.

          Brody takes the reader on a fast moving tour of New England's  pre-Columbian  sites leaving you in a state of suspense as the plot unfolds.  Integral to the story is the enigmatic Westford Knight carving and the aura of mystery  surrounding the carving.   The intrigue encompasses  the cryptic carving of the hooked X which appears on the the Kensington Rune Stone, the Narragansett Stone, the Spirit Pond Stone,Rosslyn Chapel,  on the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea and on Columbus' secret sigla!

           Building on the voyage of  Henry Sinclair,  the Zeno Brothers and the   presence of the Templars in  America, Brody combines a conspiracy, several murders,  a chase through New England and a  search for  buried  Templar treasure right in someone's backyard.

                         The Sinclair voyage to North America, Roslyn Chapel and the Knights Templar converge along with the Zeno Brothers narrative and the Zeno Map, all woven into the suspense and mystery of the book.    Carvings of American maize at Roslyn Chapel  lends  credibility to evidence of  a pre-Columbian voyage, along with many other documented finds across America of over a dozen well  researched inscriptions from ancient Mediterranean cultures.

          Whoever  enjoys reading exciting  historical novels will  find the  book keeps you  in  suspense and  riveted until the end.  The plot is fascinating and it's action packed all the way through.   The book is a historical mystery, superbly researched with meticulous attention to details.

                         The novel takes one on an adventure into New England's pre-Columbian history. An intriguing twist is a conspiracy theme promoted by a secret organization  whose goal at any cost is to  protect the orthodox version of the history of the Knights Templar.

                           Readers will be intrigued by the proposal in the book regarding the Jesus bloodline and the unique beliefs of the early Templars regarding the goddess mythology which appeared in southwest France in the twelfth century but had its roots in more ancient times in the Near East.

                           That the goddess belief  spread into America in pre-Columbian times is discussed with respect to the recent discovery by Scott Wolter of Venus alignments in the Newport Tower. The timing of the book's publication is serendipitous as recent carbon dating from shell fragments in the mortar at Newport Tower support a medieval date of  1450 plus or minus thirty years.

            The book combines history, mystery, and sites that exist today still being explored and investigated with new discoveries forthcoming that will support the books basic premise.

                           The novel will be personal to investigators of the mysterious pre-Columbian sites in America.  Interwoven  in the plot  is a gripping mystery complete with a possible buried treasure  and a chase through  New England.     The following sites are the focus of the book , the  Westford Knight, the Boat Stone,   Newport Tower, Kensington Rune Stone, Mystery  Hill, Narragansett Stone and  Spirit Pond.  These are sites many of us  have visited and personally researched and it heightens the excitement.

                         Included are the mysterious triangular shaped holes chiseled onto boulders which have been found across a wide geographic area stretching from S. Dakota to the St. Lawrence Valley area and in Iceland.  Their purpose may have been to map a new land.

                        Brody uses  supportive evidence from several sources suggesting that  the Templars found something of great value while in the Holy Land and they sailed with their fleets  to Scotland with this treasure or secret knowledge which was carried to America.

                        The novel builds on the impressive evidence of  New England's pre-Columbian history which is supported by the fact that the technology existed for voyages from the Mediterranan area based on underwater discoveries of ancient shipwrecks, cargoes and their  extensive and far flung trade links with America.

      _[spacing between paragraph and bold print mine]  mse

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, ZHstar@... wrote:

      Dear Susan-
      I wrote a book review for the "Cabal of the Westford Knight." It's a full page as I cover a lot.? Do you think you would want it for AWS?? I can attach it for you to read and you can decide.?
      Regards, Zena