Welcome new member, David Brody

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009

      Welcome, Dave Brody, of the  Boston area.  We have spoken recently and often of you here...if you go to "Messages", insert your (or anyone's)  name and an assortment of Posts come up. The Search only goes back a short time,  for members  around since the beginnings.

      http://www.davidbrodybooks.com/media/praise.html

      I don't want to insert other links I found on a search but see there is a David Brody who wrote or co-authored a number of history books.  Please insert other links if you wish; it gives us a chance to see some of your involvements, and introductions to new members or those releasing new book or articles s are a good time to plug people without my getting overly commertial-oriented.  With so many millions of books on the market these days, few are even getting back their publishing costs.  But I know with the Davids and many of you here, you have some things to say and publicly to as wide an audience is the most universal way to say it.  And groups like this, we get to help reinforece each other and join in the resulting synergies and friendships which result.

       We are happy to have you as a member here, and I appreciate all of your fine comments to work others are doing  at Ancient Waterways Society, the Atlantic Conference, NEARA and other associatons you are involved with.   Zena Halperin from NEARA is also a member here, recently in the disheartening process of moving after losing her home of fifty years near Long Island.  She wrote awhile back she will be off-line for some time trying to find room for all of her research.  She and Jim Scherz are close friends and I have seen hundreds of boxes of his stuff spread over two or three places, only one that he owns, an old 1859 log cabin full of mice near Devil's Lake and the Wisconsin River.  Hopefully Zena sees so many fine friends she knows joining or being mentioned  here.

      We have several Davids as members here so will have to include last names...but I met DAvid Brody at the Atlantic Conference, and most of you know I am left of liberal in many things (radical in the sense of radish/root...getting to the roots of everything!) and believe in a supplimentary economic system I like to call "voluntary redistribution".  Well, David B apparently does this in part because he brought cases of the final edit version of his just-released book to the Atlantic Conference in Halifax last fall to give away free.  And that is right up my alley (Upon several occasions not too many years ago I crawled into dumpsters outside gourmet restaurants in Chicago to distribute lobster and other epicurian discarded often still hot to shy or  non-agile homeless people).  But helping hand out dozens of free books of David's was a clean voluntary redistribution treat I was privileged to help with.  I see a few reviews of Brody's book at Amazon from Ancient Waterways members: Steve and Stan St. Clair, Judi Rudebusch.  Here is an Amazon.com link to Cabal of The Westford Knight: Templars at the Newport Tower (Paperback)but I think someone else mentioned a link even lower than the $12.45 here:

      http://www.amazon.com/Cabal-Westford-Knight-Templars-Newport/dp/0977389871

      Welcome, once again.  sorry if there are typos but I am being picked up for the Clint eastwood movie in five minutes and am not dressed.

      Susan

    • judi_rudebusch
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
        Welcome, welcome, welcome, David. For all here in this group-
        David's book on the Westford Knight is a must read. It does what a
        good book should - it sends you to the computer to investigate
        more. Not many can write in a style that weaves historical facts in
        pages in a novel writing. I am amazed at the hours of research work
        he did to solidly put a firm foundation to his story line.

        Judi

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"