Newport Tower architecture

  • dave.brody
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Thanks to Susan for inviting me to join your group!

      I came across some interesting photos from Tim Wallace-
      Murphy's "Templars in America" book (co-written with Marilyn
      Hopkins). In it, he shows photos of the stonework at Eine Hallow,
      Orkney (Scotland) that is remarkably similar to that at the Newport
      Tower (see pages 163-165):

      http://books.google.com/books?id=xf_uvy6h1OoC&pg=PA165&lpg=PA165&dq=%
      22eine+hallow%
      22+orkney&source=bl&ots=ifpV3scbXJ&sig=2Z7wHr3ujE9zqAjzW8PQS3mK3WQ&hl
      =en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA165,M1

      This similarity takes on added importance when coupled with the fact
      that Prince Henry Sinclair resided in Orkney.

      I have seen other architectural comparisons linking the Tower to
      Scotland, but for me these photos are very telling.

      Dave Brody