Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Thought I'd share a rhymn

  • Martin Carriere
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
      that Venus turned in to a dove
      and swooped down on us far below
      to hear the tale of winter's row
      that seldom spake or rustled more
      now spring is come amid winter's fate
      to cheer us all with scent and sign
      tis time to dig and here withall
      reclaim the child who's toes did bring
      the skillful knight with maiden's breath
      aside his ear and comely crown
      to roll the scape of this predawn
      the d'scovery of our hooked X
      amidst this tale of timeless troth
      for proven that with kindness still
      fill memories of love till ages will
      sit always 'pon this moonlit hill

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
        Martin's poem is beautiful and it's so cool to see the Hooked X a part
        of it. Wow!

        Thanks also for Ancient Waterways Society supporting the film and our
        books. I think I can speak for David by saying we really appreciate it!

        Scott Wolter

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Martin Carriere
        <metismartin@...> wrote:

        > Amoungst such ancient wanderings
        > twenty and an hundred spaces fill
        > the wild host of freedom's will
        > harried and torn in wonder's grasp
        > alone standing on every tor
        > searching the sky for ever mor
        > a maiden's breath so sweet so kind
        > shines forth at night to every mind
        > and bids each knight and maiden true
        > look to the hills and sacred mounds
        > for clues and tales of Ulster's rows
        > laid in chains and soft pillows
        > upon a land thought far below
        > yet lays acrest the blown windrow
        > a fjord of sparkling mistletoe
        > for us to find a sultan with
        > who lay here beneath us far below
        > unknown or felt by the babies' toe
        > a grand quagmire of thistledown
        > acrest the grande encampment still
        > where heros lie and seldom foe
        > who venture forth or ever know
        > that softly down does heather grow
        > to point us this way to and fro
        > to look and chip and ever dig
        > remains as scary as Grundig
        > yet still the tale flies far above
        > when angles heft and yardline strung
        > to see the stars in perfect rhymn
        > on Venus's chest does endless time
        > come cresting over the fearless knight
        > who bereft of sleep and tireless shine
        > dost follow this maid and maiden still
        > through endless shadow and mocking row
        > to tilt the ire and in happiness grow
        > the crocuses and lily in endless row
        > to praise with scent a wondrous toe
        > that walks in heather row on row
        > to hear kindly that the message sent
        > heard here above and far below
        > that Venus turned in to a dove
        > and swooped down on us far below
        > to hear the tale of winter's row
        > that seldom spake or rustled more
        > now spring is come amid winter's fate
        > to cheer us all with scent and sign
        > tis time to dig and here withall
        > reclaim the child who's toes did bring
        > the skillful knight with maiden's breath
        > aside his ear and comely crown
        > to roll the scape of this predawn
        > the d'scovery of our hooked X
        > amidst this tale of timeless troth
        > for proven that with kindness still
        > fill memories of love till ages will
        > sit always 'pon this moonlit hill

        Brody
> [...]
        seem do in your efforts, research, books, etc., the more it seems to
        enhance the efforts and growth of others here. May such an association
        continue. MSE (email from David Brody today, below)
        > ____________ _________ _________ ______
        >
        > Susan:
        >
        > In his post, Steve mentions my book [Cabal of the Westford Knight:
        Templars at the Newport]. In case your members are interested in it, it
        is now available on Amazon:

        > http://www.amazon. com/Cabal- Westford- Knight-Templars- Newport/dp/
        0977389871/ ref=sr_1_ 1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228244647&sr=1-1

        > As you know, the book is a novel with a plot that essentially tracks
        the research Scott Wolter has been doing.

        > Thanks, and I hope all is well.
        >
        > Dave Brody

        > Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark
        your favourite sites. Download it now at

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009

          A couple of things here before I insert a complimentary reply sent to my emailbox a few minutes ago from David Brody in regard to new member David Goudsward that I'd like to pass on.

           Before doing so,  I also want to mention I am on standby for the Red Cross national disaster team to go to Arkansas or Kentucky to help run a shelter during the terrible ice storms they are  having.  So if newcomers come on or posts need responding to, I hope some of you might greet or respond cordially and/or appropriately.

           I also received a letter from Ancient Waterways member, Lee Pennington in Kentucky Thursday that he and Joy had to go to twenty motels before they found an available room, and that it might be a week before power is restored.  Last year I was working at Red Cross shelters during the Oklahoma-Kansas-Nebraska ice storms (and posted along the "Trail of Tears") with 500 people for ten days before the thousands of Public Service people and trucks sent to the area got power restored.  Those areas had few trees, so I can imagine how much more lines are down in KS and AK.  Lee and Joy's JoLeProductions web site was down, but they can read Posts and answer emails from their motel room, which undoubtedly has power or auxilliary powr.  Not sure if their web site is up again, but was down for a couple of days.  The retired Univ. of Kentucky professors & Poet Laureate (Lee)  are working on an ancient 'Viking' documentary which includes ancient navigation, the "Copper Trail", runestones, etc.  Here is one aspect of their web site:  http://www.joleproductions.com/history.html

          From David Brody:

          Susan:

          David Goudsward is an excellent, thorough researcher.  Glad to see he is participating in your group.

          Dave

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Dave Goudsward <dave@...> wrote:

          David Brody and I met on my last trip to Westford back in 2006, where I  was wrapping up a series of slightly irreverent talks on New England sites I affectionately called "Myth and Megalith," an inside joke  because that was the name of my book "Ancient Stone Sites" before the  publisher changed the name on me.

          I first learned of his book because I was finishing up a 55,000 word
          book on the history of the Westford Knight (which may or may not have a  publisher). Two books with entirely different perspectives on the same  site - the absolutely best possible thing for that site, which needs a  higher profile and more local support.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009

            Re: links to Martin's rhyme and to Canada's Stonehenge possiblitiles

            Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:04 AM
            Yes, the poem is touchingly beautiful!

            Scott, it's too late for my book, but is it worth trying to put Martin's poem in your upcoming Hooked X book?  With his permission, of course!

            Dave Brody

            Re: I am not supposed to mention the A or DaV words Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:00 AM
            From:  "Susan English" beldingenglish@...

            Fellows (Wolter, Brody, Steve St. Clair, Steve Augustine),

            You don't get AWS posts sent to your mailbox so I am sending
            another AWS post, this time a poem from Martin Carriere which has
            melted my heart.  See end of the 'rhyme' your blessed Hooked X, I also
            sent my poet and heather-smelling  friend Crichton Miller in Scotland today.
            Also invited Ross Hamilton to join after Vince Barrow's post paralleling Ross'
            symbology insights in a Post to the group last night.  So many heavy hitters associated with the Atlantic Conferernce, exploreres of Ancient Waterways, the Giza Association researchers, and other associations, it is hard to keep up.

            Synergy is an understated term to me, when I put your backgrounds, research,  and personalities together in my own mind and perhaps envision as much as anyone what can come together within our lifetimes....  Add to this the allegedly 5000 year old Canadian Stonehenge that Vince introduced us to after writing author Gordon Freeman.  Now, Terry Deveau has a copy to review that came in the mail yesterday.  It is available now via Amazon.com and Scherz asked me to order him a copy for him.

            No reply, just interconnecting a favorite role as catalyst to chemical combinations within yourselves and amicable, nonegotisitcal  others you have not personally come together with yet.

            Martin's poem is a good one to have at brunch today, from our friend and brother who has long paddled many a river and ocean with 'Celts', Khemetians, Phoenicians and god only knows who else through the eons.

            I forgot to share the link to Martin's wonderful Rhyme:

            Here also is Gordon Freeman's book at Amazon, if interested (temporarily sold out already at USA Amazon.com and I had to order one for Jim Scherz and one for myself via Amazon.com Canada).  Hopefully Terry will give a review:  see photo sequences in this link:

          • ZHstar@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
              Dear Susan-
                    I wrote a book review for the "Cabal of the Westford Knight." It's a full page as I cover a lot.  Do you think you would want it for AWS?  I can attach it for you to read and you can decide.
              Regards, Zena

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009

                Susan and All:

                Zena (bless her heart!) has graciously written a review of my book.  She says she is having trouble getting it to you in a readable format and asked me to try.  Here it is attached.  It is also pasted below.

                Thanks to both of you for all your support on this project!

                Dave
                Zena's   Review

                The Cabal of the Westford Knight; Templars at the Newport Tower

                 by David  S.Brody.

                         Martin & Lawrence Press, $14.95   Available on Amazon.com

                Book Review by Zena Halpern:

                      The Cabal of the Westford Knight, Templars at the Newport Tower was reviewed by "Baron Review of Books" recently. Here are excerpts from the review.  " This is a marvelous, extremely literate novel about the first Scottish explorers of the New World in the 1300's and is a very readable, action packed adventure. Pick this one up and be one of the first to read it."

                    Another reviewer, " The Templar Fellowship of America,"  says the book "takes readers on a tour of sites and artifacts Â…binding together the Newport Tower and ancient inscriptions in a whopper of a plot. It's a feast for history buffs and those who love a literary roller coaster."

                   " Mystery Book Review" said " this is an excellent historical conspiracy thriller which uses existing places, historical events, skillfully interweaving fact and fiction."

                     David S. Brody is a Boston Globe best selling author who was named "Best Local Author by the Boston Phoenix." He has also  written  "The Wrong Abraham," "Unlawful Deeds" and "Blood of the Tribe."

                     Anyone who loves historical novels with a unique mystery twist will be taken on an adventure through New England sites up to and  including Nova Scotia, Oak Island, Roslyn Chapel and  Iceland.

                    Brody takes the reader on a fast moving tour of New England's  pre-Columbian  sites leaving you in a state of suspense as the plot unfolds.  Integral to the story is the enigmatic Westford Knight carving and the aura of mystery  surrounding the carving.   The intrigue encompasses  the cryptic carving of the hooked X which appears on the the Kensington Rune Stone, the Narragansett Stone, the Spirit Pond Stone,Rosslyn Chapel,  on the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea and on Columbus' secret sigla!

                     Building on the voyage of  Henry Sinclair,  the Zeno Brothers and the   presence of the Templars in  America, Brody combines a conspiracy, several murders,  a chase through New England and a  search for  buried  Templar treasure right in someone's backyard.

                                   The Sinclair voyage to North America, Roslyn Chapel and the Knights Templar converge along with the Zeno Brothers narrative and the Zeno Map, all woven into the suspense and mystery of the book.    Carvings of American maize at Roslyn Chapel  lends  credibility to evidence of  a pre-Columbian voyage, along with many other documented finds across America of over a dozen well  researched inscriptions from ancient Mediterranean cultures.

                    Whoever  enjoys reading exciting  historical novels will  find the  book keeps you  in  suspense and  riveted until the end.  The plot is fascinating and it's action packed all the way through.   The book is a historical mystery, superbly researched with meticulous attention to details.

                                   The novel takes one on an adventure into New England's pre-Columbian history. An intriguing twist is a conspiracy theme promoted by a secret organization  whose goal at any cost is to  protect the orthodox version of the history of the Knights Templar.

                                     Readers will be intrigued by the proposal in the book regarding the Jesus bloodline and the unique beliefs of the early Templars regarding the goddess mythology which appeared in southwest France in the twelfth century but had its roots in more ancient times in the Near East.

                                     That the goddess belief  spread into America in pre-Columbian times is discussed with respect to the recent discovery by Scott Wolter of Venus alignments in the Newport Tower. The timing of the book's publication is serendipitous as recent carbon dating from shell fragments in the mortar at Newport Tower support a medieval date of  1450 plus or minus thirty years.

                      The book combines history, mystery, and sites that exist today still being explored and investigated with new discoveries forthcoming that will support the books basic premise.

                                     The novel will be personal to investigators of the mysterious pre-Columbian sites in America.  Interwoven  in the plot  is a gripping mystery complete with a possible buried treasure  and a chase through  New England.     The following sites are the focus of the book , the  Westford Knight, the Boat Stone,   Newport Tower, Kensington Rune Stone, Mystery  Hill, Narragansett Stone and  Spirit Pond.  These are sites many of us  have visited and personally researched and it heightens the excitement.

                                   Included are the mysterious triangular shaped holes chiseled onto boulders which have been found across a wide geographic area stretching from S. Dakota to the St. Lawrence Valley area and in Iceland.  Their purpose may have been to map a new land.

                                  Brody uses  supportive evidence from several sources suggesting that  the Templars found something of great value while in the Holy Land and they sailed with their fleets  to Scotland with this treasure or secret knowledge which was carried to America.

                                  The novel builds on the impressive evidence of  New England's pre-Columbian history which is supported by the fact that the technology existed for voyages from the Mediterranan area based on underwater discoveries of ancient shipwrecks, cargoes and their  extensive and far flung trade links with America.

                _[spacing between paragraph and bold print mine]  mse