Re: [ancient_waterways_society] Fort Center Site, Glades, Florida

  • Martin Carriere
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
      Mostly stories of course. The one eye of Odin is well known to most. The eye of Ra etc. The white hand is mostly memories of stories (I will have to relook and refresh on). The red hand of Ulster still captures the imagination of many.

      The parallel of images between red and white and the throwing of eyes to a branch to get a better view are all mixed as symbols of old stories and tales to spread our imaginations to learn different perspectives.

      The old images when put together do tell a wonderful tale of travel and expanse and remain  as markers found by willing minds to discern the tales and the truths thereof.

      The eagle (or more specifically the white eagle) have been part of our collective journeys tha, as in Solomon's day, even brought about change and transference of global impact and significance.

      Although not studied in the same scholarly precision of many here I perceive the weaving of the images and words throughout history, now being proven in the artifacts, as part of a larger story told by many elders - and now being (as many say) rediscovered. I am glad the minds of of AWS are open to looking with new eyes on the handiwork of the past.

      All my love,

      Martin

      I will

      From: Martin Carriere <metismartin@ yahoo.ca>
      To: ancient_waterways_ society@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:43 PM

      Reminiscent of the eye of Odin and the white hand. Wonderful work. Are there additional pieces from this similar origin?

      Best,

      Martin