Re: Welcome Martin Carriere

  • metismartin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2009
      Thank you for the kind entry Susan. Your heartfelt openness to the
      research and unveiling of the more humane and earth based memories of
      how we all are in the same boat is comforting. Peace and learnng do take
      a constant effort to not get caught up in supporting the status quo and
      just listening to that small part of our own mind. We all have taken a
      fall to our own needs sometimes and the willingness to stand up again
      and just be ourselves is really our only way to peace. I am enthralled
      to be amoungst such focused researchers and students commited to letting
      what waits for us in the earth and artifacts to actually speak and move
      our hearts to insightful understanding of a very real and marvelous
      past.

      I wish good will and beauty to everyone,

      Martin Carriere
      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
      <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to new member, Martin Carriere, whom I believe lives in near
      the
      > ancient shorelines of Toronto, and was a speaker at the August, 2008
      > Atlantic Conference in Halifax. From the Speakers List of the Atlantic
      > Conferenece-Halifax web page listed earlier this week when Romeo
      > Hristov joined, this too may provide a helpful introduction to Martin:
      > http://www.atlanticconference.org/AtlanticConference-2/speakers.htm
      > <http://www.atlanticconference.org/AtlanticConference-2/speakers.htm>
      >
      > Martin Carriere is a highly tenacious, forward thinking, accomplished
      > business professional and social community builder. Past involvement
      in
      > professional marketing and corporate fundraising, Metis and Native art
      > promotion and marketing, International Games Industry, Corporate
      Barter
      > Exhange owner and manager, independant contractor, lazure artist,
      > percussionist and community growth facilitator. Over 30 years
      experience
      > in genealogical and historic Metis and related research, Previous
      > involvement in a variety of indigenous and social community boards and
      > committees. Current executive member of the Canadian Metis Council,
      > member of the advisory councils for the Sinclair Family DNA Research
      > Project and the Atlantic Conference, and the Metis Community
      Development

      <http://mytwobeadsworth.com/MaineMetis.html>

      > Contents <http://mytwobeadsworth.com/Contents.html>
      >
      > September 2007 Reports <http://mytwobeadsworth.com/September2007.html>
      >
      > Last updated on September 13, 2007

      > Martin, I also see all kinds of fine Peace activities you are involved
      > with which ties to my global peace studies minor, but myself sometimes
      > not a good example of peacemaker.
      >
      > Thank you, Martin (and Terry Deveau) for helping me find some
      wonderful
      > folks from the conference to lodge with last night in Halifax when I
      ran
      > low on funds and had to grab a standby flight a few days early. Within
      > the next seven or eight months I will drive a rental car to the
      Reserve