Canada's Stonehenge.

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 14 3:12 PM
      This is to share my interest in Gordon Freeman's Book on Canada's
      Stonehenge released This month.

      http://canadastonehenge.com/

      I have discussed the Glyphstones and Ribstones of Alberta with
      Gordon, and received a letter regarding an example of
      Ribstones, located at the following link:

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/9667903/Ketip-Sacred-Rock-in-Alberta-Moon-
      Morning-Star-and-Blood-Sacrifice-by-Gordon-R-Freeman

      Here is an excerpt from the website:
      --------

      PR: Sun Temple Discovery in Alberta Informs Stonehenge Research
      By lyn • January 7, 2009

      (Calgary, January 7, 2009) In a remote location west of Brooks,
      Alberta, scientist Gordon Freeman discovered a Sun Temple that pre-
      dates Stonehenge. According to Freeman, it was constructed some 5000
      years ago by the Oxbow People, and contains a solar calendar like
      ours, but slightly more accurate. He states that the site also
      contains a detailed lunar calendar. During field work in England from
      1986 to 2006, Freeman found striking similarities between the surface
      geometries of Stonehenge and this site, findings which have far-
      reaching historical implications. These discoveries are carefully
      documented and interpreted in Gordon Freeman's new book, Canada's
      Stonehenge: Astounding Archaeological Discoveries in Canada, England,
      and Wales, launching February 4th.

      Freeman describes the Alberta site as a complex, lace-like pattern of
      stones extending over an area of about thirty square kilometres.
      Local ranchers have called the hilltop Sunburst centrepiece of the
      site "the Sundial" for the last hundred years, while archaeologists
      apply the term "medicine wheel" to this and similar constructions
      across the prairies. Gordon Freeman's investigations reveal much more.

      As Freeman states, "I had found an amazingly accurate year-round
      calendar in this Sun Temple, marked with rock lines pointing to Sun
      rises and sets at critical dates." He notes, "I later learned of
      arguments going on, mainly negative, about whether Stonehenge
      contained marked observation lines to the Summer Solstice Sun rise
      and the Winter Solstice Sun set. By applying what I had learned in
      Alberta to observing Sun rises and sets through Stonehenge, I found
      that an accurate, entire year-round calendar exists in Stonehenge."

      In the book, Freeman reveals other discoveries he has made from
      applying his painstaking techniques and resulting theory to other
      similar sites, including one on Preseli Mountain in Southwestern
      Wales, and another on Fajada Butte in Chaco Canyon, New Mexico.

      Throughout Canada's Stonehenge, Gordon Freeman carefully outlines his
      arguments and illustrates them with detailed, colour photographs and
      maps, while he tells his story of discovery.

      Gordon Freeman is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Alberta
      where he pioneered interdisciplinary studies in chemistry, physics
      and human societies. He was introduced to Stone Age artefacts at age
      six and has visited and studied many archaeological sites in Canada,
      the United States, Britain, Ireland, Europe and Asia. He lives in
      Edmonton with his wife Phyllis.

      FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, A REVIEW COPY, OR TO ARRANGE AN INTERVIEW
      WITH GORDON FREEMAN, CONTACT LYN CADENCE AT lyn@... OR
      403.465.2345.

      backgrounder

      ADVANCE PRAISE
      Gordon Freeman is the true Sunwatcher—a humane investigator of the
      record of human observations of the sun, the moon, and the seasons.
      Passion and science blend in this remarkable, readable book, as
      Freeman takes us along on his patient and exciting discovery of a
      5000-year-old Temple in the plains of Alberta. What he finds at the
      Majorville Medicine Wheel in turn informs his convincing account of
      Stonehenge archaeoastronomy.
      –Roald Hoffmann, chemist and writer, Cornell University, 1981 Nobel
      Prize in Chemistry

      A fascinating chronicle of a scientist's investigations in two of the
      world's most intriguing ancient sites, Stonehenge in Britain and the
      Majorville Cairn and Medicine Wheel in Alberta, Canada. Freeman
      reveals that 5000 years ago, Britons and Plains Indians made precise
      astronomical observations at these sites, halfway around the world
      from one another, at nearly the same latitude. Canada's Stonehenge
      adds the flavour of the Canadian prairies to important new
      discoveries of Neolithic science.
      –Alice B. Kehoe, Professor of Anthropology, Marquette University,
      worked with Astronomer John Eddy at the Moose Mountain Medicine Wheel

      MORE ABOUT GORDON FREEMAN
      Gordon Freeman was born in 1930 in Hoffer, Saskatchewan, and was
      introduced to Stone Age artefacts at the age of six. His father
      collected stone projectile points and stone tools from the
      Saskatchewan prairie after dry winds had blown away tilled soil.

      He obtained an M.A. from the University of Saskatchewan, a Ph.D. from
      McGill, and a D.Phil. from Oxford. He is a Chemical Physicist, was
      for ten years Chairman of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry at the
      University of Alberta, and for thirty years Director of the Radiation
      Research Centre there. He is now a Professor Emeritus. For forty
      years he has pioneered interdisciplinary studies in chemistry,
      physics, and human societies. Interdisciplinarity is now the standard
      approach to understanding in the sciences and humanities. He has more
      than 450 publications in chemistry, physics, and other subjects.

      As a hobby he visited many archaeological sites in Canada, the United
      States, Britain, Ireland, Europe, and Asia. In 1980 he discovered a
      5000-year-old Sun Temple in southern Alberta, and has studied it ever
      since. In 1989 he took observation techniques he had developed in
      Alberta to England, to resolve the controversy that surrounded a
      possible calendar in Stonehenge. The astonishingly beautiful, ancient
      calendars in southern Alberta and Stonehenge are displayed for the
      first time in recent centuries, with far ranging implications for
      international prehistory and history.

      He is married to Phyllis (born Elson). They have two children and six
      grandchildren.
      10 Important Points in Canada's Stonehenge

      Genius existed on the North American Great Plains 5000 years ago.
      Genius existed around the world, independent of longitude, as it does
      now.
      In southern Alberta a 5000-year-old Temple to the Sun, Moon and
      Morning Star has been discovered. It is a complex, lace-like pattern
      of stones extending over an area of about thirty square kilometres
      (equivalent to about 35 x 35 city blocks).
      The Temple contains a calendar, a solar calendar like ours. The
      calendar is so accurate that it exposed a deception in the revision
      of our (European) calendar by Pope Gregory XIII in AD 1582.
      The Temple also contains a lunar calendar that marks the monthly
      cycle of visible Moon shapes, and the nineteen-year cycle of Full
      Moon rise and set positions on the horizon near the Solstice times.
      Stonehenge in England contains the same solar and lunar calendars as
      the Temple in Alberta. The Stonehenge calendars are about seven
      centuries younger than the ones in Canada.
      The solar and lunar calendars in Stonehenge are entwined with
      exquisite artistry. They are displayed here for the first time in
      history.
      A Sun Temple with a solar calendar has been discovered on Preseli
      Mountain in Wales. Preseli Mountain is the source of the "Bluestones"
      in Stonehenge. The Temple on Preseli Mountain might be contemporary
      with the Temple in Alberta. It is intriguing that the Temples are at
      nearly the same latitude and separated by a continent and an ocean.
      New light has been shone on the King Arthur legends. They might be
      rooted in myths 3000 years older than previously thought.
      Colour photographs and maps clearly illustrate Freeman's findings
      throughout Canada's Stonehenge.

      The same accurate solar calendar exists on Fajada Butte in Chaco
      Canyon, New Mexico.
    • Terry J. Deveau
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 14 4:15 PM
        --- "Vince" <v_barrows@...> wrote:

        > This is to share my interest in Gordon Freeman's Book on Canada's
        > Stonehenge released This month.
        >
        > http://canadastonehenge.com/

        Thanks for posting this info, Vince. The web site is amazing. I can't
        wait to get a copy of the book! It sounds like a fantastic site!

        Terry
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 15 5:51 AM
          Here is a short note from Gordon on how to get a copy of his book:
          "
                Apparently it'll go on sale in Canada and the US on 5 Feb, but you could ask a bookstore to order copies now from Fitzhenry and Whiteside in Markham, Ontario.
                I've never been to a book launch, but I'll find out what happens at those things on 5 Feb. It's fun to learn new things.
                         Best wishes,
                            Gordon

          http://www.ualberta.ca/~gfreeman/

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 30 4:00 PM
            I am taking the liberty of forwarding a post from [Epigraphy] group
            from Awendawn on this book:

            [epigraphy] An academic maverick is challenging conventionalFriday,
            January 30, 2009 6:54 PM
            From: "awendawn"

            http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090129.wcanstoneh
            enge0129/BNStory/Science/?
            page=rss&id=RTGAM.20090129.wcanstonehenge0129

            Canada's Stonehenge
            Article
            Comments (69)

            BOB WEBER

            The Canadian Press

            January 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM EST
            EDMONTON — An academic maverick is challenging conventional wisdom on
            Canada's prehistory by claiming an archeological site in southern
            Alberta is really a vast, open-air sun temple with a precise 5,000-
            year-old calendar predating England's Stonehenge and Egypt's pyramids.

            Mainstream archeologists consider the rock-encircled cairn to be just
            another medicine wheel left behind by early aboriginals. But a new
            book by retired University of Alberta professor Gordon Freeman says
            it is in fact the centre of a 26-square-kilometre stone "lacework"
            that marks the changing seasons and the phases of the moon with
            greater accuracy than our current calendar.

            "Genius existed on the prairies 5,000 years ago," says Mr. Freeman,
            the widely published former head of the university's physical and
            theoretical chemistry department.

            Mr. Freeman's fascination with prairie prehistory dates back to his
            Saskatchewan boyhood. He and his father would comb the short grasses
            of the plains in search of artifacts exposed by the scouring wind.
            That curiosity never left him and he returned to it as he prepared to
            retire from active teaching.

            Looking for a hobby, he asked a friend with an interest in history to
            suggest a few intriguing sites to visit. On a warm late-August day in
            1980, that list drew him to what he has come to call Canada's
            Stonehenge, which is also the title of his book.

            A central cairn atop one of a series of low hills overlooking the Bow
            River, about 70 kilometres east of Calgary, had been partially
            excavated in 1971 and dated at about 5,000 years old. But as he
            approached it, Freeman strongly felt there was much more there than
            previously thought.

            "As we walked toward the hilltop, I saw all kinds of patterns in the
            rocks on the way up. As I walked around the hilltop, I could see
            patterns that I doubted very much were accidental."

            Mr. Freeman photographed what he saw and showed the images to
            archeologists. They told him the rocks, some of which weigh up to a
            tonne, had been randomly distributed by melting glaciers.

            But those rocks and rock piles, Mr. Freeman said, had been "highly
            engineered," shimmied and balanced and wedged in ways he couldn't
            believe were natural. And so began a magnificent obsession — 28 years
            of photographing the site in summer and winter, observing the
            alignment of rocks and how they coincided with the recurring patterns
            of sun, moon and stars.

            Mr. Freeman estimates he and his wife Phyllis have spent a total of
            seven months living at the site. Twelve thousand photographs with
            precise times and dates are neatly catalogued in his files.

            What he found:

            The central cairn is surrounded by 28 radiating stone lines, four of
            which align with the cardinal points of the compass. Those lines are
            encircled by another ring of stones.

            A few metres away lies a stone semicircle, with a large stone between
            it and the central cairn. The left edge of the semicircle lines up
            with both the central stone and the right edge of the cairn, and vice
            versa.

            To Mr. Freeman, those features represent the sun, the crescent moon
            and the morning star.

            As well, there are secondary cairns on nearby hills and rock
            assemblages that seem to correspond to constellations.

            And after years of rising before dawn, in all seasons and weather, to
            carefully photograph the positions of the sun, Mr. Freeman found the
            rocks once thought to be simply strewn across the prairie instead
            mark the progression of the year with uncanny accuracy.

            The rising and setting sun on both the longest and shortest days of
            the year lines up precisely with V-shaped sights in the temple's
            rocks. The spring and autumn equinoxes, when day and night are equal,
            are similarly marked. They are not the equinoxes of the Gregorian
            calendar currently used, however, but the true astronomical equinoxes.

            Mr. Freeman is convinced the temple contains a lunar calendar as
            well, because the 28 rays radiating from the central cairn correspond
            to the length of the lunar cycle.

            "I thought I would complete that study in a couple years," says Mr.
            Freeman, a laughing, vigorous 78. "Twenty-eight years later we're
            still making discoveries. "

            Mainstream archeology hasn't been exactly welcoming. Despite being
            highly regarded in his own field, Mr. Freeman says journals have
            rejected his papers and conferences have denied him a platform.

            Professionals in any field resist interlopers from other disciplines
            and archeology is no exception, he says. But he suggests conventional
            wisdom can restrict insight.

            "If you have preconceptions, you're never going to discover anything."

            Although he hasn't read Canada's Stonehenge, University of Alberta
            archeologist Jack Ives is familiar with Mr. Freeman's theories.

            He says recent research suggests some astronomical knowledge
            developed in Central and South America flowed north to the plains,
            where it was adapted by people for their own purposes.

            "There is some basis for thinking there was sophisticated
            astronomical knowledge," says Mr. Ives.

            But what exactly is manifested in the medicine wheels?

            "They may certainly reflect solstices and equinoxes. How much more
            sophisticated beyond that has been a subject of debate."

            But Mr. Ives points out the terrain in question is an ancient glacial
            moraine, full of naturally occurring rocks.

            "You have to be very careful about what you line up."

            Mr. Freeman, however, is convinced. He looks forward to the academic
            debate to come.

            "I know my song well before I sing it," he says, quoting Bob Dylan.

            Meanwhile, Mr. Freeman hopes to use any publicity generated by his
            book to push for preservation of the site. Part of it is privately
            owned, but most is Crown land and open to both the energy industry
            and casual, possibly destructive, visitors.

            "The place is so far away from anything that it's not adequately
            protected."

            Mr. Freeman is a man of science, trained to trust hard data and
            believe evidence over sensation. But after 28 years unravelling a
            message in mute stones, the wind in his hair and the sun on his face,
            absorbed in ancient mysteries, the site has come to evoke in him
            something akin to reverence.

            "I can go down there with a headache and within a day everything is
            gone. It's just like a cure. There is something down there. I just
            don't know how to describe it.

            "I just feel very comfortable there. I just feel comfortable. "
          • Terry J. Deveau
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 30 6:30 PM
              I just got a review copy of "Canada's Stonehenge" hand-delivered to me
              5 minutes ago. (The package mistakenly ended-up in my neighbour's
              mailbox tonight. A previous copy that was mailed to me literally got
              lost in transit, even though I received the empty envelope).

              At first glance, it is a really gorgeous book brimming with diagrams
              and colour photographs. Beautifully printed (293 pp.) on high-quality
              bright-white paper. I'm looking forward to taking the time to read it
              carefully.

              Terry
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 12, 2009

                Vince, Terry, All,

                Because of free Supersaver shipping, I'd tried two weeks ago to order Gordon Freeman's Canada's Stonehenge through Amazon.com (USA), without  success.  One site had sold out, another said  the book was unavailable.  I was successful in ordering it through Amazon.com Canada and the books arrived yesterday.  Gordon Freeman emailed back another link today that some of you might be interesested...for the  three others who emailed me about ordering a copy.

                Terry is right about the beautiful color illustrations.    I personally thanked the author for the easy on the eyes type set for those of us heading into our geriatrics.  (Jim Scherz...your copy is on my front porch in plastic if you are passing through Central Wisconsin and I am not home.)

                I also asked  Dr. Freeman about a couple of web sites (maps) in the particular areas of his Alberta research,  prior to 5000 years ago.  The author stated in the book that the site could be at least 5000 years old.

                 I had seen on other maps where there seemed to be a wide open 'corridor' from far NW reaches of the North Amerca continent, appears  to have opened earlier than other areas of the continent, perhaps even  remained ice-free in a particular and .   And to go  through Alberta.   Some here might recall my earlier mention searching for a former  interactive Canadian map, the site closed down awhile back.  But I had wanted  to look at coastal shorelines  around Florida (the Keys-Cuba) and also the NE Provinces/Nova Scotia area coastline 5000-9000 years ago.

                The map  links listed below I'd not seen before and I appreciated Gordon Freeman replying personally about them, especially in lieu of my somewhat elementary  understanding of these things.   I  mentioned this web site again,   that some of us would be reading his book and  discussing it on or off-line.  I mentioned to him  the  proposed  online Atlantic Conference podcast  for October.

                it is Valentines Day week, and I hope you will bear with me when I add..

                In the initial  chapters of Canada's Stonehenge, besides the absolutely meticulous, mulit-disciplined science Gordon Freeman and his colleagues carry forth in this research,  this book also reflects, in part, a delightful 'love story'.   Many times through the years when working for days on-site along the Alberta plain, the Freemans slept together in an old light blue sedan---one in the front seat, the other in back.  Later graduated to a small, borrowed unheated camper, tand he couple continues their work together at this intriguing and remote site as well as Stonehenge in

                The following maps  I asked about re:  the geography, earlier post-glacial movement of peoples, and waterways , asked if any  riverways connected at that time to larger ones of possible significance which might indicate cross-cultural trade, diffusion:

                Alberta Archaeology Timeline (from http://www.archaeolink.com/ ) and markers regarding the Oxbow people:  http://www.ucalgary.ca/~walde/testtime.html
                NOVA-"America's Stone Age Explorers Before Clovis" (2004):

                 the NOVA interactive map...(click and drag).

                Dr. Freeman's  kind reply:
                  Hi Susan,
                      The NOVA maps refer to 13,000 years ago, when our area was still under ice.
                      The ucalgary Timeline map shows that 6000 years ago until now the Sun Temple area was grassland. The Bow River, which becomes the South Saskatchewan River a bit farther east, flows through the Temple, ultimately drains into Lake Winnipeg, then into Hudson's Bay and the Arctic Ocean.
                      Fitzhenry & Whiteside has been slack in getting my book to the US, "because our new catalogue isn't even out yet." But you will get ok service by ordering directly from their web site
                http://www.fitzhenry.ca/detail.aspx?ID=10210
                or send an email order to
                Sonya.Gilliss@...        Sonya will cut through the red tape, because she has been told that American buyers are annoyed.
                They are temporarily out of stock, but will have 1000 more copies in a few days.
                      The ucalgary map is quite good. On a map of Alberta, look 130 km east and a bit south of Calgary, and 36 km west of Brooks.
                      We'll likely be in Britain in Oct. But keep me posted about the Atlantic Conference.
                            Best wishes,
                               Gordon

                And another special Valentine's Day to the Freemans. And all of you here, too!   :)  MSE

                _____________________________
                --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Vincent Barrows <v_barrows@...> wrote:

                > Here is a short note from Gordon on how to get a copy of his book:
                > "
                >       Apparently it'll go on sale in Canada and the US on 5 Feb, but you could ask a bookstore to order copies now from Fitzhenry and Whiteside in Markham, Ontario.
                >       I've never been to a book launch, but I'll find out what happens at those things on 5 Feb. It's fun to learn new things.
                >                Best wishes,
                >                   Gordon
                >
                > http://www.ualberta.ca/~gfreeman/

              • Terry J. Deveau
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 13, 2009
                  I just finished my brief book review and sent it to the NEARA Transit.

                  I don't want to "scoop" them and repeat the whole review here, but
                  perhaps I can say a few things.

                  This is a wonderful book. It is also challenging on many different
                  levels. There is so much more to this book than one would guess from
                  the title, or even from the subtitle: Astounding Archaeological
                  Discoveries in Canada, England, and Wales. The author has a mastery
                  of his subject that comes from a lifetime of intimate and meticulous
                  development.

                  Freeman is a scientist. His formal career, for many years Chairman of
                  Physical and Theoretical Chemistry at the University of Alberta, has
                  been in the interdisciplinary field of Kinetics of Nonhomogeneous
                  Processes, where complex physical systems are investigated through
                  pattern recognition and where novel, insightful thinking is required
                  to obtain results. Freeman brings that same investigative approach,
                  naturally, to his study of archaeoastronomy, but also a deep
                  reverence for the people and cultures that constructed the ancient
                  temples, as well as for their descendents today.

                  This book primarily reports important discoveries that Freeman has
                  made of the authentic and surprising astronomical accuracy of two
                  extremely ancient solar/lunar horizon sighting calendar devices; one,
                  a mostly unknown "medicine wheel" on a remote prairie in Alberta,
                  Canada, and the other, the ultra-famous Stonehenge megalithic complex
                  on the Salisbury Plain in central England; not insignificantly, as it
                  turns out, nearly at equal latitude.

                  These discoveries were made gradually and methodically, over a period
                  of many years of systematic and very careful on-site observations of
                  not just the rise/set horizon events and alignments, but all aspects
                  of the geography, topography, history, archaeology, and mythology
                  that provide clues to understanding the function and design of these
                  ancient masterpieces.

                  There are so many important insights in this book, and their
                  development for the reader is so masterful, that it almost seems
                  inappropriate to give them short shrift in a review. But to briefly
                  mention two, perhaps the most important, would be that

                  (1) solar/lunar rise/set horizon events can only be precisely
                  measured by means of the first/last flash (and the ancient alignments
                  prove that the original skywatchers understood this) and that

                  (2) the modern notion of equinox is physically unobservable, except
                  in a uselessly casual way, but that the ancient skywatchers instead
                  observed the true and precise directly opposed east/west rise/set
                  directions as significant calendar dates (which are surprisingly
                  different from our modern equinox dates).

                  You must read the book, actually the entire book, to really grasp
                  what this means and why it's important. Freeman has masterfully
                  dispersed his teaching over the whole book, almost like a literary
                  hologram.

                  You can read any page, or any chapter, and learn some amazing
                  information and enjoy the story he tells there, but it is only when
                  the book is taken as a whole, or on a second reading even, that the
                  complete clarity of the various insights Freeman has to impart
                  coalesce into sharp focus.

                  Highly recommended without hesitation or qualification.

                  Terry
                • Vince
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 23, 2009
                    Here is a link to an interview with Gordon Freeman regarding this book.

                    http://bookmarkckua.blogspot.com/2009/02/bookmark-interview-gordon-r-
                    freeman.html

                    Vince Barrows
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 23, 2009
                      Hello Vince,

                      I could not get to the site on Canada's stonehenge.
                      Ted

                      PS
                      Did I send you this already?  Forgive please.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 23, 2009
                        http://bookmarkckua.blogspot.com/2009/02/bookmark-interview-gordon-r-freeman.html

                        Hope this link works.

                        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, Ted Sojka

                        http://www.muscatinejournal.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/doc4992f40c29d22064788442.txt

                        > On Feb 23, 2009, at 3:16 PM, Vince wrote:
                        >
                        > > Here is a link to an interview with Gordon Freeman regarding this
                        > > book.

                        http://bookmarkckua.blogspot.com/2009/02/bookmark-interview-gordon-r-freeman.html

                        > > Vince Barrows

                      • Terry J. Deveau
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 23, 2009

                          ---  "Vince" <v_barrows@...> wrote:

                          > http://bookmarkckua.blogspot.com/2009/02/bookmark-interview-gordon-r-freeman.html
                          >
                          > Hope this link works.

                          That link takes you to a text page. You then have to click on the "Title" of that page to get the radio interview.

                          For some reason, clicking on the title didn't work for me. I had to right-click on the title and "save target as", which saved an mp3 file to my hard disk, which I could then play by double clicking on the file. That finally worked and I was able to listen to the interview. Great interview. Worth the effort to make it work.

                          Terry

                        • james scherz
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 25, 2009
                            Vince,  Thanks for the heads up on the Freeman book.  It is simply super.  JP Scherz

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 6 1:11 PM
                              All,

                              I regularly try to keep regular non-member onlookers at this site , and others updated on various posts or other efforts by group members here that I believe relate to their work.  Researchers/authors such as David Hatcher-Childress, Christopher Dunn, Michael Cremo, Chuck Bailey (Duluth, MN) and  Roger Jewell from the East Coast.  Also, so I may commend and encourage further research of many authors, as those whose articles, books and DVD's are part of our Loaner Library.

                              One such person mentioned earlier that some of you have kept in touch with is Dr. Gordon Freeman and his wife, researching for decades and protecting the ancient site in Alberta.  I emailed him at noon and received a promt reply updating our group on his research.  I could also see strong relatedness and further possibilities in a suggested exchange of books between Martin and Gordon.
                              Hi Susan,
                              Thanks for your kind words. Phyl and I are well. Just getting slower. The large archival report on the Sun Temple is proceeding slowly. The next conference of the Canadian Archaeological Soc. will be in Halifax next May 18-21, Lord Nelson Hotel. I'll be speaking there. Where does Terry live? I'll look for Martin Carriere's CARRYING THE CHALICE FORWARD.

                              Best wishes, Gordon

                              I see from a Search query of "Gordon Freeman" of our Posts top of our Messages page, that he has been mentioned by member here thirty times.

                              You may see why it is important that when we post under a certain topic that we at least include something related to, or a response to that topic, within the body of our posts.  Especially when people outside the group are looking to see what kind of intercommunications this group has, in our mutual work together along anient, global waterways.

                               Al Cornette mentioned in the Loaner Books post, who donated two books for our group emailed this morning that he thought he was already a member.  He had tried some time back and I'd assumed he had changed his mind.  Sometimes it is difficult for folks over 65 such as myself to enter Internet groups.  The Invite email lower left of our Home Page is an impersonal one and a few such as Giza researcher Bernard Pietsch...probably 80's, early 90's, never was able to join.

                              There is also a link at our site below "Invite" that I will send to Al-- Promote .  It bings up another logo below.

                              I will be out of town for a few days, and if Al needs further help joining, I wonder if one or two of you might post to the group to make it easier for him.  Or future others. Stan and members of this group were helpful when Valdimar Samuelsson from Iceland asked for help in joining us. You might title it Help with Joining our Membership, or something, and if it is specific and helpful, we can use it for future inquiring persons. I send him this link and suggest he watch for help getting on.  If he isn't a member by this weekend, I suggest he watch for help getting on.  Looks like Al is open for input re: his articles, and his web site lists his email address:  http://www.mayancalendarand2012.com/

                              Thanks, Susan

                              Click to join ancient_waterways_society

                              --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Terry J. Deveau" <aa376@...> wrote:

                              > --- "Vince" v_barrows@ wrote:
                              > >
                              > > This is to share my interest in Gordon Freeman's Book on Canada's
                              > > Stonehenge released This month.
                              > >
                              > > http://canadastonehenge.com/
                              >
                              > Thanks for posting this info, Vince. The web site is amazing. I can't
                              > wait to get a copy of the book! It sounds like a fantastic site!
                              >
                              > Terry

                            • james m clark jr
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 7 4:14 PM
                                Complete AWS Address Folders
                                http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/files/Complete%20AWS%20Address%20Folders/

                                GROUP EFFORT assisting Help! "Cut & Paste" & "drag and drop" options for: Email/Webmail HELP! "Create Group Address Book" in personal Address Book ONLINE options!! Address book options FOR Members/New Comers To AWS!... AND To Be AWS MEMBERS! Understanding To:/ CC:/ Bcc: options! INCLUDING International AWS Connection,TEXT/Troubleshooting GUIDES for PHONE Texting Help: Internet to phone/phone to internet connections to AWS and like minded.

                                Looks like I need to create a AWS address folder as I dont want to leave no one out. Huh! now there's an idea that would totally eleminate the problem of people that would like to join the group it would seem. This folder could be listed in the personal files of AWS only for members under To: CC or Bcc or as best suits to individual participants to make it easier for everyone to create an AWS address folder(s). Other than being at the News group. Personally I perfer Newsgroups as far free storage. This could also organized as data that way some of the chatter can be delete at the News group once the system is understood. As a moderator myself, I to had this same problem with very few members in one ng and in the other no members at all that I would like to get up and running again but I'm not going to waste my time alone. And it is way to much for one or to people anyway to moderate a newsgroup, this would have to be a group effort cause these guys put way to much heart and effort in tasks that can be somewhat burdonsome. The only thing is I can't recall if AWS even has a poll option to help with such progress, those to could be deleted once AWS develops a system that works. I know I am tired of seeing my name but I'm not really ready to intantly abandon the AWSNG [Ancient Waterways Society Newsgroup]either. To be honest that is the only advantages between NGOLT [Newsgroup Online Time] and personal email. I know I'm not the only one to realize this and My address books only contains the people who have personally emailed me. I don't even think I have Susans email Address. I figured I didn't need it but something has to change and we need to figure this out fast so everyone can have more time spent wisely [or more efficiently].

                                be well brother and sister, and our Elders,