NSExplore

  • Terry J. Deveau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2009

      --- "Susan" <beldingenglish@...> wrote:

      > NSExplore Yahoo group (originally founded by JohnColeman who is on
      > leave, and now the group seems to be hosted by our dear friend and
      > Atlantic Conference co-organizer/assistant, Terry Deveau):

      Thank you for the kind words, Susan. However, Brian Grant-Paul is actually the founder of NSExplore, and still very much at the helm. John Coleman along with a number of others, thought that such a group would be useful for discussion of NS-related "mysteries" topics, and Brian took the initiative to make it happen. I joined a few weeks later, after being invited by John. We are all pleased that the group has grown and attracted a lot of interest. We try to keep the discussion focussed on Nova Scotia topics, as much as we can, as there are many other groups (such as AWS) where broader topics can be given a wider hearing.

      > I wish to honor John Coleman's reseach and fearless personal efforts in
      > at one time putting together the Mysteries in Nova Scotia web site which
      > undoubtedly also contributed to his need for collective research,
      > enjoyment,  and exploration cohorts/group above:
      >
      > http://www.vortexmaps.com/novascotia/
      >
      > Terry is covering emails, intercommunications and acting as host of the
      > NSExplore group in John's absense.  And few are busier than Terry, these
      > days, I am sure, so I share responsibility if I add further to this by
      > inserting info on John Coleman.

      John's "Mysteries in Nova Scotia" website predated NSExplore by a number of years and is mainly what attracted the first NSExplore members to band together and form a group. We soon found that we had many other NS-related interests in common, though, and new NS-related topics of interest are continually being brought forward.

      Terry