You tube of an ancient waterway'man

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2009
      AWS
      I think this is appropriate for the ancient waterways site, A very
      interesting you tube clip of life on Hudson Bay about a hundred years
      ago. Kayaking scenes of Innuit on those semi frozen waters in Summer
      are very good.

      Meet "Nanook of the North", and if you can find a copy at your library
      or on netflix, the scenes of building igloos along the shore of Ungava
      Bay are memorable as are the boatbuilding and other items pictured in
      this classic film, purported to be the first documentary film.

      Ted Sojka

      PS I heard a folk singing lady last year who lived on Beaver Island
      and there is a lot of history for that island that is known and
      unknown.