Fly google earth

  • hilgren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hi members,,this is for those of you who have not yet downloaded the
      FREE google earth.

      So I did not want to be wasting your time telling you about google
      earth if you already have it..

      This is awesome,, and was the most exciting thing ,,,like finding that
      mooring stone.
      This new updated feature now allows us to go flying and never leave
      home. Before the holidays i flew all the way from mary lake to the
      hudson bay up the red river...and all at 500 feet,,, and on clear
      still days,,,and you can stop and zoom in and see the car sitting in
      the yard...This has become a great tool for research and then we can
      plot information on the surface and we have now just tested a feature
      that allows us who have this installed,,to send the globe to others to
      view and we can each add information...etc.

      That was maybe a poor discripition,,,but i don,t like flying like you
      don,t like driving on the ice,,,well the first time i flew google,,i
      started to get woozzie.

      I will post these instruction for everyone..:

      Go to google-earth page and find the FREE download,,,it takes a few
      minutes...and will install an icon on your deck top...click on the
      icon and it takes a few seconds to open,,,then move your mouse and
      position the little hand over the area on the world you want to
      see...double click and it will start to zoom in..Have fun!
      Then,,next,,in the right hand corner of your screen is your steering
      controls,,,scroll over it and it opens,,and will give you a compass
      and 4 arrows to point the direction you want to travel,,,,a single
      click on the arrow will move you one frame at a time,,double click and
      it starts to go by it self,,,,now here is the real trick,,,at the top
      of that steering wheel in the very upper right corner is a sliding
      control and if you slide that icon to the right it will begin tipping
      and go from a straight down view to a 45 degree angle view,,,keep
      tipping until the horizon comes into view,,now you are ready,,,double
      click the arrow and go flying,,,touch the arrow tips to
      steer...Awesome...and we are just getting started...

      The paying users are allowed to connect their GPS and then to draw on
      the map and attach photos to the placemarks.

      thanks for your time..
      yahoo is slow today
      steve

      ps,,these views and data are a few years old and they update
      often.,,let me know what you think..and if you nhave problems just ask..