Attn. AWS members re: Individual Emails, Daily Digest, No Emails, etc.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2009

      For all members here,

      Over coffee this morning  at the start of the first work week for 2009,  I wish to wish you all a successful and joyful 2009.  Many are simplifying across the world and some of you may wish to do so with your emailbox.  Hopefully you will find our web group here interesting enough or having possibilites, and stay on as members.

      The Ancient Waterways  membership has doubled over the last year and thus more posts/blog discussions are coming into the personal Yahoo InBoxes of  many who originally signed on here and have been receiving either "Individual Emails" or "Daily Digest", which is the sum of the day's worth of emails.  Some of that group may wish to simplify by having your settings changed so that Posts do  not go to  your  personal Yahoo email Inbox.  That way, you can access the Ancient Waterways Society if and when you choose.

      I know most here are members of other groups,  have  many other priorities, and find it  stressful to have dozens to hundreds of unopened emails to go through or discard after coming back from travels or lengthy work projects.  I recieve many emails from a MesoAmerican group that emits dozens of Posts a week, most of which I do not understand, and need to have the personal emails stopped without altering  my membership privileges.

      MinnesotaStan and I are host and co-host here and need Individual Emails so that we can block Spam,  Posts, and Memberships by those with malignant intentions at Ancient Waterways Society.

      Anyone preferring  to change email membership settings, please feel free to email me and I can change you over  to Web only or Special Notices (I don't believe we have ever sent any).  Or you can do so yourself amd when you want to check for new or unread Posts, you may click into the group if it is listed under your " Favorites" (Bookmarks, etc. ).  Or,  once you sign into your Yahoo email account w/screen name and password, you may opt to click this main YahooGroups page: http://groups.yahoo.com/

      Yahoo! Groups MY GROUPS

      That should bring up the Ancient Wateways site and any other Yahoo Groups of which you are a member.  I have been involved with six or seven, now have cut down to four, but only get individual posts from AWS.

      Again, if you wish, you may click  "Edit Membership" at the top of your Home Page, then click  Special Notices or Web Only, and that will keep your Yahoo emailbox free.

         The option to choose if you want to get each group message and special notice individually and immediately, as it is posted.

        The option to choose if you want to see all messages but limit the amount of email you receive. We'll compile an email of up to 25 messages and send daily (special notices too!).

      - Receive only important email notices from the group moderator.
        limit the amount of email you receive. We'll compile an email of up to 25 messages and send daily (special notices too!).

      - Don't get notified of the latest happenings. Read messages only on the web.

      Thank you for your memberships, friendships at various previous and future activities which may arise across the continents in the years ahead.  And the same to many people here who are not members but regularly follow posts and occasionally write or tell me they have found some of your posts, insights or your personal/research links very much related to their own work and interests.
      Email me in person if any of you have comments or concerns that need attention or changes made in my own intercommunications here, so as to make this the continuance of a stronger and better "online meetingplace", place to post Links akin to ancient global waterways and nearby ancient sites.  The group also seems at this point to serve well as an Announcement Board of related events and web groups, sites.

      Respectfully,

      M. Susan English
      co-host