Re: Ancient Vikings in America

  • Susan English
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2007
      Steve and all,

      Arrived back in Central Wisconsin this AM, found three emails
      announcing the new Ancient Vikings Yahoogroup web site.
      Congratulations, Steve. Over the months, I hope to go over
      correspondence and newsclippings Marion Dahm sent over a fifteen year
      time period, to look for photos or pertinent informationn which could
      prove helpful to you and the new web group.

      The Ancient Viking site gives you and others a special meetingplace
      to intercommunicate any way you choose the apparently continuous
      amounts of research data and insights you appear to have in your
      research and diligent furthering of the work of our W. Minnesota
      friend, Marion Dahm. Marion would have highly approved of your choice
      of title. Internet searches will bring considerably more results
      with "viking" than they would with "Marion", which is often
      mis-spelled "Marian".

      Yesterday during an afternoon Madison, Wisconsin Ancient Earthworks
      Society field trip, then evening meeting on the UW campus, DVD clips
      from different members included short references and photos of the
      Kensington Runestone. I distributed copies of the mid-1800's
      Minnesota survey map link w/a few of your insights to a couple of
      inquiring Earthworks group members. In my briefcase, I will include
      copies of the Ancient Vikings home page when inquiries come up at
      various organizational associations I am involved in.

      Susan

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "hilgren"