Re: message to herbswoods [+ prior posts: underwater road? & Phoenician sites}

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008

      Judi &  All,

      To clarify Judi's question, I believe you are referring to the parenthesized (Update....) 3/4 of the way down on Herb Wagner's Ancient Underwater Road? web page from July, 2007:

      http://www.atthecreation.com/ROAD/UNDERWATER.RD.html

      YahooGroup formats were changed drastically several months ago,  including the wonderful Profiles pages where many of you had absolutely terrific photos, personal  links and  information to distinguish each of you and your iterests .  It also appears that the Search mode to the YahooGroup archives now  goes back only  a few months. Half are new here since  Herb Wagner;s diving expedition when he first spotted  the  mysterious underwater structure in N. Wisconsin.  I recall the approximate time  (July, 07), post #318 "Underwater Ruins in Northwest Wisconsin?":

       See replies from other members following,  including one of Steve Garcia's excellent 'methodical' lists of questions he posed for researchers here to ponder about the underwater structure, especially if the site turns out to be artificial (madmade) rather than natural,  #323:

      Judi, if you are interested in the possible Phoenician connection, the following post by Herb Wagner refers to " supposed Phoenician sacrificial altar stone and associated ancient diggings near Rockland"...  Allouez and Bete Gris in Michigan's Upper Peninsula copper country are places I visit every few months to fill a few dozen gallons of off-road artesian springs in the Keweenaw.  If not camping, I sometimes sleep in my car at an Allouez  rock shop parking lot below a Vortex with trees gnarled similar to those in Sedona, AZ. Or atop Brockway Mt watching the lights of giant foreign ore ships crossing to or from Duluth, MN to the Soo Locks en route to the other Great Lakes.  See post #356, (Aug, '07) "Return from Keweenaw Point":  http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/message/356

      M. Susan English
      The Atlantic Conference: http://www.atlanticconference.org/
      BeldingEnglish@...
      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "judi_rudebusch" <judij@...> wrote:

      > HI
      > Been trying to contact you regarding the possible Phoneician type
      > anchor found on the Bois river. Any more info where to find more info?
      >
      > Judi

    • herbswoods
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
        Judi & all,

        After I first put up the NW Wis. underwater "road" webpage, I was
        contacted and told of a supposed Phoenician anchor stone in the Bois
        Brule and a supposed Phoenician underwater "altar" or "god" shrine in
        another area stream, mention of which I then added to the webpage.

        I was supposed to be guided to both of those locations this past
        summer. But for a variety of reasons that never happened. To date I
        have not seen either of those supposed artifacts, although I continue
        to be assured they exist and I am promised that next summer we can go
        there, dive on them, and get photographs. Time will tell.

        Some of this stuff seems a little far out to me, but I am keeping an
        open mind. I do know that only the tip of the iceberg -- so to speak
        -- has been discovered or told about the mysteries of Lake Superior
        and environs. I'm working a new project now in which I hope to present
        some of this material.

        HW

        <judij@...> wrote:

        > HI
        > Been trying to contact you regarding the possible Phoneician type
        > anchor found on the Bois river. Any more info where to find more info?
        >
        > Judi

      • judi_rudebusch
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
          HI
          Good hearing from you, and I appreciate the update. I will be on
          the lookout for your report after seeing the sites. Looking
          foreward to any photos.

          Judi

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "herbswoods"