message to herbswoods

  • judi_rudebusch
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      HI
      Been trying to contact you regarding the possible Phoneician type
      anchor found on the Bois river. Any more info where to find more info?

      Judi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008

        Judi &  All,

        To clarify Judi's question, I believe you are referring to the parenthesized (Update....) 3/4 of the way down on Herb Wagner's Ancient Underwater Road? web page from July, 2007:

        http://www.atthecreation.com/ROAD/UNDERWATER.RD.html

        YahooGroup formats were changed drastically several months ago,  including the wonderful Profiles pages where many of you had absolutely terrific photos, personal  links and  information to distinguish each of you and your iterests .  It also appears that the Search mode to the YahooGroup archives now  goes back only  a few months. Half are new here since  Herb Wagner;s diving expedition when he first spotted  the  mysterious underwater structure in N. Wisconsin.  I recall the approximate time  (July, 07), post #318 "Underwater Ruins in Northwest Wisconsin?":

         See replies from other members following,  including one of Steve Garcia's excellent 'methodical' lists of questions he posed for researchers here to ponder about the underwater structure, especially if the site turns out to be artificial (madmade) rather than natural,  #323:

        Judi, if you are interested in the possible Phoenician connection, the following post by Herb Wagner refers to " supposed Phoenician sacrificial altar stone and associated ancient diggings near Rockland"...  Allouez and Bete Gris in Michigan's Upper Peninsula copper country are places I visit every few months to fill a few dozen gallons of off-road artesian springs in the Keweenaw.  If not camping, I sometimes sleep in my car at an Allouez  rock shop parking lot below a Vortex with trees gnarled similar to those in Sedona, AZ. Or atop Brockway Mt watching the lights of giant foreign ore ships crossing to or from Duluth, MN to the Soo Locks en route to the other Great Lakes.  See post #356, (Aug, '07) "Return from Keweenaw Point":  http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ancient_waterways_society/message/356

        M. Susan English
        The Atlantic Conference: http://www.atlanticconference.org/
        BeldingEnglish@...
        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "judi_rudebusch" <judij@...> wrote:

        > HI
        > Been trying to contact you regarding the possible Phoneician type
        > anchor found on the Bois river. Any more info where to find more info?
        >
        > Judi

      • herbswoods
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
          Judi & all,

          After I first put up the NW Wis. underwater "road" webpage, I was
          contacted and told of a supposed Phoenician anchor stone in the Bois
          Brule and a supposed Phoenician underwater "altar" or "god" shrine in
          another area stream, mention of which I then added to the webpage.

          I was supposed to be guided to both of those locations this past
          summer. But for a variety of reasons that never happened. To date I
          have not seen either of those supposed artifacts, although I continue
          to be assured they exist and I am promised that next summer we can go
          there, dive on them, and get photographs. Time will tell.

          Some of this stuff seems a little far out to me, but I am keeping an
          open mind. I do know that only the tip of the iceberg -- so to speak
          -- has been discovered or told about the mysteries of Lake Superior
          and environs. I'm working a new project now in which I hope to present
          some of this material.

          HW

          <judij@...> wrote:

          > HI
          > Been trying to contact you regarding the possible Phoneician type
          > anchor found on the Bois river. Any more info where to find more info?
          >
          > Judi

        • judi_rudebusch
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
            HI
            Good hearing from you, and I appreciate the update. I will be on
            the lookout for your report after seeing the sites. Looking
            foreward to any photos.

            Judi

            --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "herbswoods"