Ancient Vikings in America

  • hilgren
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
      Susan and All Members, Please visit this site and bookmark it to your
      favorites. Here I will keep a diary of on-going research, of
      discoverys as they are made and many files, photos and maps of the
      wset central minnesota area. All coments and questions are welcome and
      please help in putting the pieces of this puzzle together.
      Please also pass this site on to others interested in viking research
      and to others of the alexandria lakes area.
      thank you
      Steve

      http://www.hilgren.com/
    • Susan English
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2007
        Steve and all,

        Arrived back in Central Wisconsin this AM, found three emails
        announcing the new Ancient Vikings Yahoogroup web site.
        Congratulations, Steve. Over the months, I hope to go over
        correspondence and newsclippings Marion Dahm sent over a fifteen year
        time period, to look for photos or pertinent informationn which could
        prove helpful to you and the new web group.

        The Ancient Viking site gives you and others a special meetingplace
        to intercommunicate any way you choose the apparently continuous
        amounts of research data and insights you appear to have in your
        research and diligent furthering of the work of our W. Minnesota
        friend, Marion Dahm. Marion would have highly approved of your choice
        of title. Internet searches will bring considerably more results
        with "viking" than they would with "Marion", which is often
        mis-spelled "Marian".

        Yesterday during an afternoon Madison, Wisconsin Ancient Earthworks
        Society field trip, then evening meeting on the UW campus, DVD clips
        from different members included short references and photos of the
        Kensington Runestone. I distributed copies of the mid-1800's
        Minnesota survey map link w/a few of your insights to a couple of
        inquiring Earthworks group members. In my briefcase, I will include
        copies of the Ancient Vikings home page when inquiries come up at
        various organizational associations I am involved in.

        Susan

        --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "hilgren"