Mediwiwin,deeper water

  • hilgren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2007
      Susan and Allan and all,
      Yes there is maps of leech lake area.It is on one of mine but just
      off the map on the one i posted.sorry.

      Allan,there is this sweet water sea i have found covering
      minnesota.I believe there have been a few mistakes that have lead
      others to believe too that lake huron or superior are the sweetwater
      seas. BUT wild rice takes shallow water and it has to be flowing and
      fresh. Here in ottertail county,,,is the highest place in the
      state,,,and the little shallow hills of the walker and leech lake area
      are the stones the little boy dreamed of that were the stepping stones
      to the turtle. Here the vikings met the indians and gave them
      fire,drums and medi.Here too in ottertail county we have 450 mounds I
      have records for that are small, large and huge and have not been
      explained or examined.Ten years ago i found these records and started
      my search for a viking connection.
      In july i found a high water mark at about 1500 feet,,and then the
      shoreline of the largest island( the turtle), and then the sweet water
      sea. On the edge of this island i have found a mooring stone and a
      earthlodge and a viking harpon tip and a story of a ship in a swamp
      where that would have been impossible if not for that sweet water sea.
      SO now the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit!HELP,please!
      A few years ago while interviewing a elder farmer living on the west
      shore of this new sea,, Delmar told me that a neighbor,Rubin
      arvidson,who died 50 years ago,had kidded him that the first settlers
      would take a boat from Delmars farm east ten miles to eagle bend.They
      thought he was nuts. Leonard roseinquist claimed he found a ship on
      this same shore,,they thought he was a bit goofy.Olaf Ohman found a
      stone 30 miles from here and they claimed it was a fake.Holland and
      Marion found mooring stones and have spent the last 100 years looking
      for ancient vikings here..not to many people believed these guys
      either...Archaeology experts will not except that vinland is in
      minnesota...but the experts also once claimed the world was flat.
      thank you for your imput
      steve... thorson