Dream Catchers,,and deeper waters

  • hilgren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      Susan you wrote:"In our own time and place, the worlds of myth and
      science, of religious experience and empirical research, are
      frequently set in opposition to one another.a belief in a divine
      force outside ourselves, a healing presence deep within that still
      speaks through dreams and visions."

      When I was a child my uncles took me along duck hunting on the back of
      the turtle(inspiration peak). I was about 12 and had no gun and so
      would run ahead and scare the game away so they would not be shot too.
      I came upon a deer and together we played in the woods. After a few
      minutes my uncles came walking and when a few hundred feet away they
      stopped and watched as I played with this new friend...When they
      started to walk again the deer looked up and so i put my arms around
      its neck to try to hold him and calm him as they walked closer.But he
      pulled his head and bolted away..My uncle would go on to be a
      vetranarian and professor at the U.ofM. He always was amazed at this
      thing i had with animals and tested me often,,,I had to go tie up the
      meanist dogs before he could even get out of the truck in many farmers
      yards...(and people though he had a way with animals?!)

      So here on the back of this great turtle of the mediwiwn I played with
      the great spirt. I return there often and have not found him
      reciently. May be he will be there this spring when I return. I have a
      few mushrooms to share with him. I will bring along a dream catcher
      now too.

      So too,,,a bunch of years ago,,,I stumbled into the Gurichief
      Society,,,seames they think a few of us have this gift,,,and if you
      are at the right place you can catch these dreams and vision.

      Thanks for this new insight,,,dream catchers,,,now I know what those
      spider-web things i have seen often, are about.
      steve

      ps who,s that other guy from up near leach lake?Does he know about the
      deeper water and the sweet water sea?