Welcome Zena

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
      Welcome to Zena, from New York. Glad to have you as a member. I believe
      you are a NEARA member as are several here within this group. I was
      told you did excellent work in the 80's with ISAAC (sp?) based in
      Georgia. I met you at an AAPS conference awhile back, unable to attend
      the one in Marquette last weekend, but I hope someone from this group
      will give a synopsis of the conference. I was also looking for you at
      the St. Mary's Univ. dormitory in August. Should you attend the next
      Atlantic Conference, I hope you will set up a display table with some of
      your work.

      All, Jim Scherz called from near Big Bay this AM, is still surveying
      ancient sites near there nearly a week since the conference, will stop
      here en route to Madison next week to read AWS posts and share post AAPS
      Conference DVD's and material. Jim said he still hasn't an operating
      computer but finally has a Yahoo email address and will become a member
      as has been impressed by the work so many of you are doing and sharing
      with others through this site. He said Zena is one of his favorite
      people and 'very solid' in her work with ancient Hebrew symbology. I
      know Dr. Cyclone Covey, professor of Ancient History at Wakefield
      University included some of her work in his research, in particular, her
      "calm reflection" in her analyses of Burrows Cave symbols.

      I shall post part of the "Old Waterways" copper mining paper I'd
      mentioned earlier that Jim had a dozen copies made to give away to
      anyone interested. With his permission, next post .

      Susan
    • ZHstar@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
        Dear Susan:  Thanks for you very kind words. I  was late replying to you as I was getting ready for the NEARA meeting on Nov. 7-9 held at Newport ,RI.  We had a sensational presentation by Scott Wolter and he discussed a  mysterious symbol called the "Hooked X" which is on the Kensington Rune Stone,  the Spirit Pond Stones in Maine and on the Narragansset Stone.
        Also- news came in at the meeting that the Newport Tower is dated to 1400 + or - 50 by analysis of specific material. There is much  more exciting parts to his presentation.
        I need to get to my notes to tell you exactly what they found.
        Tell Jim Scherz he is tops in my book and I need to contact him.
        PS: I could'nt get to the Atlantic Con. budget problems.
        Love, Zena

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008

          Thanks for the first installation of your informative recap of the NEARA Conference, Zena.  I too could listen to Scott Wolter speak all day and not get enough.  You may be the only member of this group who was there, unless Steve St.Clair and Rick Osman attended,  and we look forward to you sharing your notes.

          For anyone interested in another account of the NEARA Conference and  Newport Tower that Zena mentioned, host William Smith at the THOR  site (The Ohio rock Research group) posted two or three letters this evening.  Several from here besides myself are members. The Home Page for that group is: