Migration & Diffusion web site (Dr. Christine Pellech)

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008

      All,

      Sorry for the double posting earlier today. Thanks, Rick for forwarding Kathy Jacob's request to put Dr. Pellech's web site in our group; she is editor of Migration & Diffusion of Vienna, Austria. More detail about the site:

      http://migration.steinwender.co.uk/aboutus.htm

      Results of search states she has been working on cultural contacts and migrations for two decades, specializing in seafaring, maps,  astronomy, myths and symbols.  Many of her publications are in German (our host, MinnesotaStan is fluent in German because I recall him translating for Dr. Jim Scherz an extensive DVD program from Germany on transcontinnental diffusion.   I was unable to hear Pellech's talk at the 2007 conference in Ohio, but it should be on a conference DVD.

      Pellech is also listed on a database w/a couple of articles in Archaeology & Symbolism: http://migration.steinwender.co.uk/menu_archaeology.htm    One in particular "Crossing the Atlantic in Early Times" might be particularly interesting to this group.

      I will put the Migration & Diffusion site Rick listed into "Links" here soon as I get a chance as it very well relates to this group: http://www.migration-diffusion.info/

      Kathy Jacobs had initially written me asking how  to put Pellech's web site into our group. She also brought up the artifact Vince and Chris P were discussing here and at THOR last week, and said she'd written Dr. Pellech thinking she might be interested. I told Kathy people get tired of my posts/forwardings and encouraged her to  join our group and relay personally what she'd said in her emails.  I also asked for clarification, was waiting word back, and she verified that the artifact she was referring to is that which Vince and Chris P were discussing last week.

      "...The disk from Wickliffe Mounds in Kentucky was the one that I forwarded the photo to Prof. Pellech.  She gave a presentation last year of her theories on ancient sea travel, and showed us some photos of what she believed to be boats and line drawings that described oceans currents that were painted on cave walls in northern Spain.  I thought the disk reminded me of those drawings, that is why I sent her the picture.

      Again, I will continue to encourage Kathy Jacobs, Char Bruns, and Ted Sojka (Iowa) to join our list as I cannot do justice to the information they send me to include in our group.

      Susan

      --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Osmon" <ozman@...> wrote:

       Investigating pre-Columbian contact, lost races, ancient astronomy,
      navigation, and migration, cultural oddities, associated diffusion evidence
      and the truly unexplainable.

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Kathy Jacobs asked me to relay information about a newly revamped, important
      > resource, a website by Dr. Christine Pellech. In the period from 2000 to
      > 2005 24 journals entitled "Migration & Diffusion - an international journal"
      > with 127 articles, written by 72 different authors, coming from 16 different
      > countries have been published.Most of these papers will be published on the
      > aforementioned website.
      >
      > Here's the url: http://www.migration-diffusion.info/. I'm also adding it to
      > the links list for my show and those groups where I have those privelages.
      >
      > Dr. Pellech was a speaker at last year's AAAPF (now AAPS) conference.
      >
      > Enjoy
      >

      > Your host
      >
      > Rick Osmon, aka Oz
      >
      > http://oopaloopacafe.com to find great info about guests and previous shows
      >

      > http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and
      > join the chat
      >

      > Call in during show (646) 652-2720
      >

      > Mobile (not during live show, please) (812) 259-1102
      >

      > oz@...

    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
        Susan and all,

        Blogtalkradio moved all the archived shows to a new server so my links (that took me about a hundred hours to input) are all bad.

        As time allows, I'll fix those. The whole website needs updated badly, but my various enterprises are keeping me too busy to do that immediately.

        In the mean time, please use the blogtalkradio profile page . The immediate upcoming show (live show if on) is at the top. Just below that are the ten most recent archived shows. Just below them is a text button, "Older Posts" that will take you to the next ten older, etc.

        Thanks

        Oz