Newly revamped website

  • Rick Osmon
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008

      Investigating pre-Columbian contact, lost races, ancient astronomy, navigation, and migration, cultural oddities, associated diffusion evidence and the truly unexplainable.

      Hi All,

      Kathy Jacobs asked me to relay information about a newly revamped, important resource, a website by Dr. Christine Pellech. In the period from 2000 to 2005 24 journals entitled "Migration & Diffusion - an international journal" with 127 articles, written by 72 different authors, coming from 16 different countries have been published.Most of these papers will be published on the aforementioned website.

      Here's the url: http://www.migration-diffusion.info/. I'm also adding it to the links list for my show and those groups where I have those privelages.

      Dr. Pellech was a speaker at last year's AAAPF (now AAPS) conference.

      Enjoy

      Your host

      Rick Osmon, aka Oz

      http://oopaloopacafe.com to find great info about guests and previous shows

      http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and join the chat

      Call in during show (646) 652-2720

      Mobile (not during live show, please) (812) 259-1102

      oz@...

    • Susan English
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008
        Rick,
        I have received comment about this before, and I am making reference
        to the Oopa Loopa Cafe web link you put into the group Posts again.
        Several newcomers to your site have emailed back that when insert the following into their browser (from your recent Post/email): ..."http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and join the chat", they get 2007 upcoming and archived shows, as follows:

        http://oopaloopacafe.com/archive.html

        These people are even more computer unsavy as I and I wonder if you might be able to change that old web site to update it.

        I email back you can be emailed for more information, but people should be able to click into current upcoming and archived shows via a search without having to contact you.  Here again are the results of a Search of "Oopa Loopa Cafe" or Oopa Loopa Cafe radio":

        No reply needed, just a suggestion.
        Susan

        oz@oopaloopacafe. com

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008

          All,

          Sorry for the double posting earlier today. Thanks, Rick for forwarding Kathy Jacob's request to put Dr. Pellech's web site in our group; she is editor of Migration & Diffusion of Vienna, Austria. More detail about the site:

          http://migration.steinwender.co.uk/aboutus.htm

          Results of search states she has been working on cultural contacts and migrations for two decades, specializing in seafaring, maps,  astronomy, myths and symbols.  Many of her publications are in German (our host, MinnesotaStan is fluent in German because I recall him translating for Dr. Jim Scherz an extensive DVD program from Germany on transcontinnental diffusion.   I was unable to hear Pellech's talk at the 2007 conference in Ohio, but it should be on a conference DVD.

          Pellech is also listed on a database w/a couple of articles in Archaeology & Symbolism: http://migration.steinwender.co.uk/menu_archaeology.htm    One in particular "Crossing the Atlantic in Early Times" might be particularly interesting to this group.

          I will put the Migration & Diffusion site Rick listed into "Links" here soon as I get a chance as it very well relates to this group: http://www.migration-diffusion.info/

          Kathy Jacobs had initially written me asking how  to put Pellech's web site into our group. She also brought up the artifact Vince and Chris P were discussing here and at THOR last week, and said she'd written Dr. Pellech thinking she might be interested. I told Kathy people get tired of my posts/forwardings and encouraged her to  join our group and relay personally what she'd said in her emails.  I also asked for clarification, was waiting word back, and she verified that the artifact she was referring to is that which Vince and Chris P were discussing last week.

          "...The disk from Wickliffe Mounds in Kentucky was the one that I forwarded the photo to Prof. Pellech.  She gave a presentation last year of her theories on ancient sea travel, and showed us some photos of what she believed to be boats and line drawings that described oceans currents that were painted on cave walls in northern Spain.  I thought the disk reminded me of those drawings, that is why I sent her the picture.

          Again, I will continue to encourage Kathy Jacobs, Char Bruns, and Ted Sojka (Iowa) to join our list as I cannot do justice to the information they send me to include in our group.

          Susan

          --- In ancient_waterways_society@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Osmon" <ozman@...> wrote:

           Investigating pre-Columbian contact, lost races, ancient astronomy,
          navigation, and migration, cultural oddities, associated diffusion evidence
          and the truly unexplainable.

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Kathy Jacobs asked me to relay information about a newly revamped, important
          > resource, a website by Dr. Christine Pellech. In the period from 2000 to
          > 2005 24 journals entitled "Migration & Diffusion - an international journal"
          > with 127 articles, written by 72 different authors, coming from 16 different
          > countries have been published.Most of these papers will be published on the
          > aforementioned website.
          >
          > Here's the url: http://www.migration-diffusion.info/. I'm also adding it to
          > the links list for my show and those groups where I have those privelages.
          >
          > Dr. Pellech was a speaker at last year's AAAPF (now AAPS) conference.
          >
          > Enjoy
          >

          > Your host
          >
          > Rick Osmon, aka Oz
          >
          > http://oopaloopacafe.com to find great info about guests and previous shows
          >

          > http://blogtalkradio.com/oopa-loopa-cafe to listen to the live shows and
          > join the chat
          >

          > Call in during show (646) 652-2720
          >

          > Mobile (not during live show, please) (812) 259-1102
          >

          > oz@...

        • Rick Osmon
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2008
            Susan and all,

            Blogtalkradio moved all the archived shows to a new server so my links (that took me about a hundred hours to input) are all bad.

            As time allows, I'll fix those. The whole website needs updated badly, but my various enterprises are keeping me too busy to do that immediately.

            In the mean time, please use the blogtalkradio profile page . The immediate upcoming show (live show if on) is at the top. Just below that are the ten most recent archived shows. Just below them is a text button, "Older Posts" that will take you to the next ten older, etc.

            Thanks

            Oz