Re: SRAC "River, Rocks, and Time" GRIDS pt 1

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008

      Chris and All,

      Thanks for the four posts and great photographs.  Not sure if what you are referring to by 'grid' extends beyond the visual patterning of the artifacts. I believe Pam Giese from this group has mentioned the term in previous analyses of ancient sites and symbolism.  I have seen the term brought up in discussions of ley lines and other geological or geographical contexts. My apologies that my knowledge base is wimpy and comments often elementary in response to thought-provoking posts  such as yours, Chris.  Fortunately that is why we are a group here, more self-governing than most Yahoo message groups, with members of diverse backgrounds and localities.  I hope people feel free to post ideas, research and respectful comments to each other at this fairly broad-based web site.   I appreciate the time you and others take to make thoughtfulm comprehensive analyses and personal comments on significant subjects to this small, yet dedicated group.
      The reorganized Ancient Earthworks Society listed our web site in one of their informational letters recently. AES has interest in forming a message board/web site, and several emailed they were going to read posts at our site for awhile before deciding whether they'd invest time in their own.
      Retired engineering professor Dr. James Scherz who has long surveyed ancient earthworks and waterways for Native American groups and others was a founder of the Ancient Earthworks research group, of which host MinnesotaStan and I are members and where the idea of the AWS web group began several years ago. Prof. Scherz' research was the main inspiration for the term "Ancient Waterways Society".  Jim has said more than once that probably all ancient earthworks, stoneworks are along or near an ancient waterway. He and I do not believe information on ancient earthworks, petroglyphs, and stoneworks to be off-topic with old or ancient waterways.  I am always be checking maps and terrainne for signs of current or former waterways, erosion, water markings, 'mooring stones', etc. Who looking for 'diffusion' among ancient cultures and sites does not find it wise to always be looking for signs of trans-continental,  even intercontinental waterway trade and migration possibliities?
      Below, I am re-listing the Equinox Project web site you included in your posts, which it looks as though you are part of the intriguing group: http://www.equinox-project.com/
      My mom and siblings moved to San Bernadino County decades ago, so I am somewhat familiar with the adjoining Inyo County next door, which includes the highest Sierra Nevada peak of Mt. Whitney and lowest terraine in the state at Death Valley.  I'd be interested in further analyses on the symbology of the photos there and on the Equinox Project. For those who need visuals and are looking for more background information on stoneworks/art works from the sitenear the sites Chris listed, top of the Equinox Project web site is a ten minute videotape, "Intro to INY-272" by Roderick Schmidt:
      Top of the Equinox Project page has numerous other topics.  Chris, the sun signs in the videotape and article "An Ancient Zodiac from Inyo" by Dr. Barry Fell might be of great interest to research the THOR group is doing, if you have not already sent the site. (Chris, Vince, Rick, Pam, myself and others from this site are also members of William Smith's
      THOR/Ohio Rock group).  A number of retired engineers are part of that group which oftentimes works out of an 'engineering lab' doing extensive work on sun symbols and ancient navigation:   http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/thor-thehuntersohiorock/